• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former WF Hoops Asst Coach Jamil Jones gets probation for 3rd degree assault (update)

Yeah, if he never regained consciousness after he hit the curb I'm not sure how anyone has any actual knowledge of exactly how he came to find himself in that position. I thought that was weird when I heard that Today show interview.

He was "checking for Ubers" loud enough for a nearby resident to come out to see what was going on. And then punched that guy. What if that guy would have lost his balance after being punched and hit his head on the sidewalk? At a minimum, if sounds like the headline for this should be "Wake assistant coach assaults assaulter, who later dies in hospital."

^^^The point is that moms doesnt have forensic analysis of his cell records, dude.

His phone was most likely dead when he got to the hospital and his mom is just making the logical connections. I think it is about 50/50 on his phone dying vs him just being a drunk asshole banging on peoples cars.

His phone was most likely dead when he got to the hospital and his mom is just making the logical connections. I think it is about 50/50 on his phone dying vs him just being a drunk asshole banging on peoples cars.

Well, if he punched the 17 year old that came outside because of the ruckus it's 100% the latter.

He ordered Uber with less than 1% on his phone ?

5694883897_2996202c55.jpg

Last edited:
Well, if he punched the 17 year old that came outside because of the ruckus it's 100% the latter.

Dude this is the second time you have gotten this wrong. The NY Post article said a resident came outside, confronted the guy and was punched. Other articles mention a 17 year old that helped Jones prop the guy up before he left. They dont appear to be the same person.

Deacon Club members,

The following is an update to last night’s statement regarding assistant men’s basketball coach Jamill Jones.

We have just issued the following statement to media outlets:

“Wake Forest Athletics Director Ron Wellman has placed assistant men’s basketball coach Jamill Jones on leave. Wellman spoke with Jones today and he agreed that the decision is appropriate at this time given the circumstances. Wake Forest University expresses heartfelt condolences to Sandor Szabo’s family and friends following his tragic death.”

Ron Wellman
Director of Athletics

why would anyone have any issue with Szabo being loud?

it was only 1:00 am, and this is NYC!

This incident occurred on Saturday night. Did I read wrong that he didn't die until Tuesday? He could've talked about things in the interim with his family if so. Unless he was in a coma or something.

This incident occurred on Saturday night. Did I read wrong that he didn't die until Tuesday? He could've talked about things in the interim with his family if so. Unless he was in a coma or something.

It's been stated in nearly every article that he never regained consciousness and was taken off life support on Tuesday.

With all due respect, perhaps consider reading the thread from the beginning and, at a minimum, one of the stories before commenting. The bare minimum fact is that he was knocked unconscious and died a couple days later.

u srs, clark?

I did go to the beginning of the thread and read two articles about the incident and neither one said anything about the date of death nor him not regaining consciousness. I wasn't going to read all through the thread again but leave it to assholes on the board to be assholes.

Back