• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former WF Hoops Asst Coach Jamil Jones gets probation for 3rd degree assault (update)

I agree with Doggus completely. The following would be a no culpability sequence: (1) Szabo hits car hard; (2) Jones gets out to see if there is damage and confronts Szabo; (3) Szabo is belligerent and yells; charges or takes a swing: (4) Jones counters with a punch that knocks Szabo off his feet: (5) Jones does what he can to help Szabo recover
This sequence would be not guilty of misdemeanor 3rd degree assault. Szabo initiated the entire scenario. An underlying assumption in much of the reporting has been that Szabo was tapping on car windows looking for an Uber, lightly enough that there is no possibility he would damage a car, so there would be no reason for Jones to leave his vehicle. Other reporting had said he created a ruckus, which means he would have hit cars hard enough that a driver would suspect damage and want to get out. We only know outcomes, not details.

The New York Post story reports that Szabo caused enough ruckus for at least one of the area residents to come outside to see what was going on. Supposedly this resident got hit by Szabo for questioning Szabo's actions and noise making.

Man, people say a lot of dumb shit on this board under an alias. But people say some outright ridiculous shit on Twitter under their real names.

A NY attorney was on Fox News channel last night to comment on the specific NY law in such cases. It was a longer than normal piece and she seemed very informed. Bottom line, she said max charge/penalty for this was 2nd degree manslaughter with max 1 year.

Last edited:
These idiots still think Trump declared bankruptcy. Almost as stupid as the banks that chose to make loans without the personal guarantee. Only Wake Forest grads could be so stupid. No wonder we suck.
Trump is an idiot

This is where you people miss the point. Punching someone hard can result in death. When it doesn’t, it’s an assault. When it does, it’s Murder 2. Learn from this. The criminal statutes are horrible. You drink and drive one time and could go to jail 5-6 years in the highly unlikely chance someone dies. You punch someone and they die could be 30 years. Fair left the train station decades ago.
You just keep being wrong. I kind had of admire your persistent ignorance. Are you really a lawyer? If so, how many MARs have been filed by your former clients?

No, just Making America Great Again after 8 losing years of Obama giving away the country and trying to have everybody like us instead of the U.S. being the most powerful country in the world which is what we are. Most of us appreciate our world dominance, capitalism and winning. I also appreciate a person who has gone bankrupt and come back from it to become a billionaire. You have to take chances in the business world to make it big and sometimes they don't always pay off. The true winners are the ones that get off the mat and do it again.

OMG. Bringing that Trump crap to the message board.BTW, I was researching Tom Fetzer on google (because of his recent mess with the UNCBOG)and found an 1976 OG&B article about Fetzer kicking you off the SJB for winning $4.00 in a football gambling pool. I would have supported you even harder than your frat brother EMusswhite.

Hoops Asst. Coach Jamil Jones charged with assault on man who later died in hospital

so are you

Says the guy posting on an Internet sports board on a Saturday afternoon. Look in the mirror.
False!

A wise man once told me to not be an idiot, so now before I do anything I think to myself... Would an idiot do this?

Gotta hand it to y'all -- page 20 of this thread might be the post-for-post dumbest page in the history of OGBoards.

Gotta hand it to y'all -- page 20 of this thread might be the post-for-post dumbest page in the history of OGBoards.

Nelms started it with his Trump garbage. He does it on Facebook too.

OMG. Bringing that Trump crap to the message board.BTW, I was researching Tom Fetzer on google (because of his recent mess with the UNCBOG)and found an 1976 OG&B article about Fetzer kicking you off the SJB for winning $4.00 in a football gambling pool. I would have supported you even harder than your frat brother EMusswhite.

This is a great post.

Says the guy posting on an Internet sports board on a Saturday afternoon. Look in the mirror.

This one on the other hand . . .
3yUib.gif

Don't forget the same guy said there "many fine people" screaming "white power", "Jews will not replace us", Sieg Heil". The same guy who gave Kim credibility while Kim spat in his face and is building more nukes. The same guy who kissed Putin's ass.

Seven billion people on Earth and Reff was the only one Skip didn't like. Niiiiiicccceeeee..

Maybe because I was the only one who realized he couldn't coach basketball? Nah, a lot realized that, just not you RJ. He was on his way to being fired after the seasons he had in 2006 & 2007 when he finished dead ass last in the ACC and next to last. But there again, you thought the guy could coach when what he could really do was coach offense & quote Geoffrey Chaucer. He certainly couldn't coach defense or championship basketball like Dave Odom.

Maybe because I was the only one who realized he couldn't coach basketball? Nah, a lot realized that, just not you RJ. He was on his way to being fired after the seasons he had in 2006 & 2007 when he finished dead ass last in the ACC and next to last. But there again, you thought the guy could coach when what he could really do was coach offense & quote Geoffrey Chaucer. He certainly couldn't coach defense or championship basketball like Dave Odom.

True enough, but Dave Odom couldn't recruit a winning ACC team even following the tenures of Rodney, Chill and Tim. Part of the goal at Wake Forest is to win consistently and recruit consistently. Few have ever done that.

Back