• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former WF Hoops Asst Coach Jamil Jones gets probation for 3rd degree assault (update)

you appear to have posed your original question by quoting the wrong post - unless you are saying that Jones is not guilty of any violation

I am saying that's the reason he wasn't charged with a more serious offense.

Jamil Jones could get a job in a year, I suppose. Probably will need to move out West or something. Not great for the coaching resume.

He also just skated, in my opinion.

apparently Jamil was not so keen on paint touches

SI has a new feature called Daily Cover, and look what the first story is

Great job by his defense attorney. As a sometimes criminal defense attorney in NY I don’t know if I could have pulled off a homicide to three years probation.

Interesting contrast on the ESPN crawl:

Wake Forest asst coach sentenced...

North Carolina: Roy Williams donates $600,000 for spring sports.

And one of those two followed the other.

Jones claimed that his window was punched in but never allowed the car to be examined by police, girlfriend was never questioned, and fled the state after being advised to turn himself in. Who has the privilege?

Last edited:
Our criminal justice system at work. I dont practice in NY but a poor person would never get this kind of sweetheart sentence in NC. Playing by different rules.

Jones claimed that his window was punched in but never allowed the car to be examined by police, girlfriend was never questioned, and fled the state after being advised to turn himself in. Who has the privilege?

what year in the 80's did you graduate from Wake?

That's an impressive defense attorney. Damn.

Are the 1500 service hours now to be performed VIRTUALLY? - LOL.

That mom will be angry forever since anyone can see that's a weak sauce sentence for killing a guy. I mean $1000 fine for what? 15% of the cost of the dead guy's casket?

Back