• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former WF Hoops Asst Coach Jamil Jones gets probation for 3rd degree assault (update)

Les reported yesterday that DOBO Justin Bauman will fill Jones position on an interim basis.

Must have missed that update while travelling. So the assumption is that we just operate without a full staff for this season?

This is a really a bad time to try find an assistant coach that can make a difference as quality assistant coaches all have jobs right now and the coaching carousel has stopped until next March. Makes sense to promote the DOBO as that takes off the recruiting restrictions on the staff (only the HC and assistants have the unfettered ability to contact recruits in accordance with NCAA contact rules).

As for operating without a full staff, in this day and age with ever expanding football and basketball administrative staffs, WF basketball has 11 people, yes 11, on staff, not counting Jones. Not trying to sound like an old fart talking about walking 7 miles to school in bare feet, but until about 15 years ago, college basketball staffs managed to coach, recruit, scout and keep tabs on their players with an coaching/administrative staff of 4 or 5. WF should be able to manage with "just" 11 people managing the basketball program over the next 8 months.

The ever expanding staff just makes me laugh when I see the team picture and the bench during games.
mbk-team1415.jpg

Last edited:
Les reported yesterday that DOBO Justin Bauman will fill Jones position on an interim basis.

Thanks, that actually useful information must have been lost in the Trump talk on this thread.

This is a really a bad time to try find an assistant coach that can make a difference as quality assistant coaches all have jobs right now and the coaching carousel has stopped until next March. Makes sense to promote the DOBO as that takes off the recruiting restrictions on the staff (only the HC and assistants have the unfettered ability to contact recruits in accordance with NCAA contact rules).

As for operating without a full staff, in this day and age with ever expanding football and basketball administrative staffs, WF basketball has 11 people, yes 11, on staff, not counting Jones. Not trying to sound like an old fart talking about walking 7 miles to school in bare feet, but until about 15 years ago, college basketball staffs managed to coach, recruit, scout and keep tabs on their players with an coaching/administrative staff of 4 or 5. WF should be able to manage with "just" 11 people managing the basketball program over the next 8 months.

The ever expanding staff just makes me laugh when I see the team picture and the bench during games.
mbk-team1415.jpg

Anyone else find it weird all the dudes sitting down have their hands on their knees?

Who, from the outside, would want that job?

I can't for the life of me figure out our recruiting pitch. Head coach likely on his way out pitching a program that is an embarrassment and the only national recognition our basketball team has had in over a decade is one of our staff members killed someone. We'd be lucky to get a grad asst. who'd be willing to step in and tarnish his resume. Program has needed gutting for years.

mbk-team1415.jpg

How do you justify that many coaches/staff on the payroll given the on court results?

I’m sure it’s standard. Let’s face it, we would complain if they seemed understaffed too.

I want to have the standard number of staff, just want them to be the right people.

Word on the street is that 5 star hearts are dying to pull up their socks and play for Danny

Back