• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former WF Hoops Asst Coach Jamil Jones gets probation for 3rd degree assault (update)

Place him on leave without talking with him first?

That's my point. If Jones DID notify Wake on Tuesday or Wednesday, or even on Thursday, what benefit does Wake get from lying about it, pretending to have not been notified and delaying the "conversation" about his leave until Friday after everything has blown up?

That's my point. If Jones DID notify Wake on Tuesday or Wednesday, or even on Thursday, what benefit does Wake get from lying about it, pretending to have not been notified and delaying the "conversation" about his leave until Friday after everything has blown up?

it's possible that Jones DID notify SOMEONE within the AD who then dropped the ball

That dude is a “digital marketing guru” now?

I’m just not prepared to reach any conclusions about this. His time at Wake is likely over, but the fact that the deceased apparently punched someone before this coach I’ve never heard of before hit him, gives me pause.

Maybe the punch was just a “surface” punch—like last season. ???

I don't know what it says about the state of our program when I read an article about one of our coaches killing somebody and my concern is not with the coach nor the "digital marketing guru" who was killed, but about more bullshit emanating from Ron Wellman's mouth.

I don't know what it says about the state of our program when I read an article about one of our coaches killing somebody and my concern is not with the coach nor the "digital marketing guru" who was killed, but about more bullshit emanating from Ron Wellman's mouth.

Seriously. Everything that came out of his mouth about the program is a load of crap. I’m glad he’s not concerned with the ridiculous roster churn because as long as this staff is in charge I’m not concerned with purchasing tickets or even following the program.

Last edited:
clue-characters-2.jpg

I would think the fact that we have not let Jones go means one of two things:

1) he came back to school and let everyone know immediately and it got back to Wellman then as well
2) he came back to school and let Manning/staff know immediately and it didn't get back to Wellman at all

It seems to me if he fled the scene (sort of) and came back to school and didn't let anyone know, he'd have been dismissed already. #2 is the most worrisome because we might be left with Maryland football type of scenario heading into the season. Worse case scenario for me is he came back and let Childress know but not Manning and Chill didn't push it up to Wellman and now the school has to pull this all apart and separate fireable offenses from hand slapping offenses.

1) he came back to school and let everyone know immediately and it got back to Wellman then as well
2) he came back to school and let Manning/staff know immediately and it didn't get back to Wellman at all

It seems to me if he fled the scene (sort of) and came back to school and didn't let anyone know, he'd have been dismissed already. #2 is the most worrisome because we might be left with Maryland football type of scenario heading into the season. Worse case scenario for me is he came back and let Childress know but not Manning and Chill didn't push it up to Wellman and now the school has to pull this all apart and separate fireable offenses from hand slapping offenses.

I don't think Wake/Manning/Childress are in anywhere near that bad of a situation. Jones did what he did. Nobody at Wake tried to cover anything up. It would appear that as soon as Jones knew they were looking for him, he made arrangements to turn himself in. I don't think he's under any legal or moral obligation to come back to W-S and report that he jacked some guy up on the sidewalk.

Or they don't want to fire someone when there's still a possibility it was self-defense.

We don't need to turn this into an excuse for wild conspiracy theories about AD coverups.

I'd guess he has a contractual clause that requires some type of administrative process before he can be fired for cause

Back