• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former WF Hoops Asst Coach Jamil Jones gets probation for 3rd degree assault (update)

From WRAL:

According to NBC New York, Szabo had knocked on Jones’ car window, mistaking the vehicle for his Uber ride. Jones then got out and punched him in the face before fleeing the scene.

Damn glad Wake is a football school. Fuck me....

He obviously can't coach here while this is going on. I don't see any way he can remain here regardless of how it turns out.

Yeah, just fire him. WTF ? He might kill one of our parking attendants at the Joel.

if he flew up to NYC to turn himself in, and the first WF heard of it was 7:00 pm or so tonight, he needs to be terminated stat

Last edited:
From WRAL:

According to NBC New York, Szabo had knocked on Jones’ car window, mistaking the vehicle for his Uber ride. Jones then got out and punched him in the face before fleeing the scene.
Yeah, I'm really confused. There are two stories that led to the confrontation being reported -- one that the guy was knocking on Jones's car, mistaking him for his Uber ride, before Jones got out and slugged him, and the other that the guy first was in a confrontation with another person before Jones intervened. Unless those two stories go together (guy banged on Jones's car --> got into altercation with other person --> Jones intervened), which is it? The bold there suggests nothing happened between the #banging and Jones punching him. I'll just be over here on the sidelines enjoying Drew's posts until we know more.

Correct. Everyone needs to use this to dump Wellman. Don’t know what you people are thinking. This is the chance to enrage the libs.

Back