• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former WF Hoops Asst Coach Jamil Jones gets probation for 3rd degree assault (update)

Absolutely. But the fact is that we are working one coach down in manning's do or die season. That says a great deal about manning, mostly good.

Does it? Or does Danny simply see the writing on the wall? Might as well cash a few more checks and add it to the NBA retirement pension.

ETA: also, do or "die" season...ooofff! Bad bone bad.

The article above claims that Jones' back window was shattered by the guy. Is that the first we've heard of that?

The article above claims that Jones' back window was shattered by the guy. Is that the first we've heard of that?

First I had heard that detail.

However, consider the source of the article. The NY Post has been known for sensationalizing their stories. The whole "insensitive prosecutors" theme of the story sounds fishy to me.

Agree that the NY Post spins its stories, but breaking a window is an objective fact, doubtful that they would just throw in a random false fact like that.

some details need to be fleshed out here:

Kent denied that her son had been beating on cars, saying his hands had been pristine as he lay on life-support — and that prosecutors showed her family surveillance footage that indicates Szabo didn’t touch Jones’s car.

Agree that the NY Post spins its stories, but breaking a window is an objective fact, doubtful that they would just throw in a random false fact like that.

I could see them swapping "shattered jaw" and "hit window" into "hit jaw" and "shattered window" without noticing in their editing. Shattered is much more "dramatic" than "hit."

It is difficult to break a car window with just a fist.

It’s very difficult to kill a man with a fist even fist plus concrete yet here we are.

when did BMW start selling its 2019 models? prior to August 5, 2018?

The story states:

"At some point, Szabo banged on the back window of Jones’ white 2019 BMW SUV, shattering it, according to law enforcement and the coach’s lawyer."

I don't believe that it is an "objective fact" (as opposed to what, a "subjective" fact?) that Szabo broke the window. Maybe the window got broken that night or maybe the window got broken another time. Maybe Szabo did it, maybe someone else did it. Maybe it was already broken or cracked. I don't know and I don't accept the allegation that Szabo broke the window as a fact.

I think Pilchard’s point is that it’s being reported as an objective fact and that it’s unlikely that the NY Post would just make that up out of thin air.

The report is very clear that Szabo shattered the car window and it cites two sources for that information. It doesn’t mean the report is necessarily accurate (the police and Jones’s lawyer could be mistaken or lying).

Regardless if his intent was to kill, which it likely wasn't, any time you punch someone there is a chance they die and you have to face the consequences. The only exception being boxing or MMA fights where the opponent knowingly accepts the risk.

wrb0o4.jpg

It’s very difficult to kill a man with a fist even fist plus concrete yet here we are.

Yeah but the force it would take for him to break a back window of a car would probably break his hand, it’s much more likely that he hit the car with an object. Also would explain why his hands were fine.

IMO this is a big detail because it justifies Jones getting out of the car. Terrible the guy died, but when your acting like a fucking crazy person things happen and you can’t blame others for your actions.

Unless they have video or physical evidence at the scene of the crime, the "shattered window" excuse is not admissible. Jones lost that defense when he drove away from the crime scene. He could have easily gone home and smashed the window himself.

Back