• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former WF Hoops Asst Coach Jamil Jones gets probation for 3rd degree assault (update)

It is always the smart move to avoid confrontation and de-escalate.

Seems like WF might be a little annoyed that the school didn't get a heads up that this was happening.
He gone before the weekend is out.

If we needed confirmation that DR was wrong, Moonz chimes in with his stupidity.

If he was responding to this guy hitting somebody else, no way this goes above manslaugher.

Seems like WF didn't get a heads up that this was happening.

"Mr. Wellman, I may have committed some light manslaughter."

This thread has the best title so all discussion should go here !

Can't imagine him lasting the day tomorrow. Leaving the scene just hastened his inevitable departure.

So i guess the optimistic view is that they guy was trashed and being an a-hole, for whatever reason Jones was there and felt threatened and slugged him. Seeing it looked bad he got out of dodge stat and didn’t think anything of it (probably not suspecting for a second he killed the guy)? Is that the least worst case?

So i guess the optimistic view is that they guy was trashed and being an a-hole, for whatever reason Jones was there and felt threatened and slugged him. Seeing it looked bad he got out of dodge stat and didn’t think anything of it (probably not suspecting for a second he killed the guy)? Is that the least worst case?

I think this is accurate. Maybe he wouldn't have punched him had the guy not hit a teenager in his drunken idiocy. He probably bunched the guy for being an asshole, annoying the shit out of everyone and punching a kid and when the guy cracked his head on the pavement he saw major problems, legal jeopardy, his career fleeting and panicked. If this is anywhere close to accurate, common sense says one punch with a fist is nothing more than assault. Still means he can't work for us anymore which is a big loss. Obviously, the tragedy is the fact that the guy died just for being a drunken idiot.

:rofl::rofl:

Deadly force on a drunk who isn’t a risk of causing imminent severe bodily injury isn’t noble. It’s murder.

Good luck convincing 12 jurors that he should have appreciated and consciously disregarded a substantial risk of death from throwing a single punch. The end result isn’t the test.

once the case goes beyond whiplash it’s probably best to let the real lawyers handle it. I’m sure there’s a lonely poor redneck widow somehere needing your “skills.”

Or a rent by the hour hotel room, mr trump

Back