• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former WF Hoops Asst Coach Jamil Jones gets probation for 3rd degree assault (update)

harsh words being thrown around here

I hope nobody throws the car into park and does something they might regret

please chime in you super studs who have spent time in a DAs office

I've spent maybe an hour in a DAs office, and I can tell you with certainty that if you punch someone, and the someone dies, it is not good.

Probably because you're a shitty poster on other threads too.

Most of my posts are spot on, but you're a miserable person who is disliked by many on this board so I could care less what your opinion of my posts are. The fact that you are ok with someone making personal attacks against me also goes to show what type of character you have.

This thread makes me want to pursue a career as an Assistant DA.

LOL, you have no clue. Even the victim's family is pushing for criminally negligent homicide, which is below manslaughter.

Ethically, a prosecutor isn't supposed to charge higher than what he/she has good faith belief can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. It's a higher standard than probable cause, which is why prosecutors routinely reduce what's charged initially by police. Apparently you once worked in a DA's office. While I can't speak to you or the office you worked in, I and the people I worked with took our ethical obligations seriously.

Could it be that you were an ADA and he was a sandwich boy?

So you mischaracterize all my posts in this thread about whether the prosecutor can charge, to me suggesting he should charge....then you are insinuating that I or people I have worked with are unethical in our real world jobs? Neg rep for that, and I will await your apology!

Also notice how you completely ignore Les Grossman's posts about seeing a DA he worked with charge second-degree murder. Is there a reason you felt you should singly address me and attack my character and ethics?

You said that a good DA charges the highest charge he can possibly get. Mike wasn’t mischaracterizing your post at all.

Criminal Law is fact-specific, I’d be very interested to hear Les’s take on how similar the facts in this case are to the one he was a part of (as well as how similar the law was in his jurisdiction at that time).

I’m getting less and less confident about that Crim Law exam.

My wife was a prosecutor in a DA office and her opinion is that I spend too much time on the boards.

Could it be that you were an ADA and he was a sandwich boy?

I'm sorry what law school did you graduate from RJ? I have tried cases, gotten convictions. Is that your award from North Carolina Advocates for Justice on my wall, or is it mine? Keep talking like you know it all, because your credibility on this thread is skyrocketing.

My wife was a prosecutor in a DA office and her opinion is that I spend too much time on the boards.

The DA for our area plays pickup basketball with me in the mornings. Decent handles, killer jumper. I could ask him. Also, I called Rchill a cocksucker in another thread, and wanted to apologize. I was remorseful that cocksucker, while a fun word to say, is at its root a homophobic slur and something that I should remove from my lexicon. Unfortunately it's a super fun word to say. Like gazebo.

You said that a good DA charges the highest charge he can possibly get. Mike wasn’t mischaracterizing your post at all.

Criminal Law is fact-specific, I’d be very interested to hear Les’s take on how similar the facts in this case are to the one he was a part of (as well as how similar the law was in his jurisdiction at that time).

I’m getting less and less confident about that Crim Law exam.

Yes the highest charge comes with the caveat that all practicing attorneys have rules of ethics they need to abide by. Never would I suggest unethically pursuing a charge, nor do I think a murder charge in Jones' specific case is warranted. Once again you try to shift the argument away from admitting you are wrong in your original post. You argued wrongly that I had no idea what I was talking about when I stated that anytime you punch someone and they die, you have to be prepared to face serious consequences. The fact is people have been successfully charged with murder for killing someone with 1 punch. Its an objective fact, so nothing I have said here is wrong. Yet you and wfumike want to insult my character and intelligence rather than admit I am right about what I said. Cool, whatever I really don't care about your opinions. Its just sad that Wake Forest alumni feel the need to attack someone who points out something that is objectively right.

And since you want to know, when I was in law school I got an A in Crim Law. Thanks for your concern.

I'm sorry what law school did you graduate from RJ? I have tried cases, gotten convictions. Is that your award from North Carolina Advocates for Justice on my wall, or is it mine? Keep talking like you know it all, because your credibility on this thread is skyrocketing.

You'll need another deodorant if you keep sweating like this.

All I did was agree with someone who has worked in a DA's office for years.

People on these boards are way short on facts. Presumably the DA in NY has more facts to work with.

Szabo's death is unfortunate. I feel for his mother and all of his family. I for one will await the DA's decision on charges.

Jones is under contract to, but suspended by Wake. I would expect that to be true until the earlier of the end of his contract or a conviction/guilty plea.

Yes the highest charge comes with the caveat that all practicing attorneys have rules of ethics they need to abide by. Never would I suggest unethically pursuing a charge, nor do I think a murder charge in Jones' specific case is warranted. Once again you try to shift the argument away from admitting you are wrong in your original post. You argued wrongly that I had no idea what I was talking about when I stated that anytime you punch someone and they die, you have to be prepared to face serious consequences.[/B] The fact is people have been successfully charged with murder for killing someone with 1 punch. Its an objective fact, so nothing I have said here is wrong. Yet you and wfumike want to insult my character and intelligence rather than admit I am right about what I said. Cool, whatever I really don't care about your opinions. Its just sad that Wake Forest alumni feel the need to attack someone who points out something that is objectively right.

And since you want to know, when I was in law school I got an A in Crim Law. Thanks for your concern.

Doesn’t matter how many times you say it, the bold simply isn’t true (if by serious consequences you mean serious legal consequences). The gif you posted along with that original claim should have tipped you off.

You'll need another deodorant if you keep sweating like this.

All I did was agree with someone who has worked in a DA's office for years.

No you did no such thing. You tried to undermine my credibility by calling me a sandwich boy when you have no clue about me. Just admit it was wrong.

Maybe you should consider saying you were wrong about calling multiple names on the other thread.

NAH, you won't do that..

Doesn’t matter how many times you say it, the bold simply isn’t true (if by serious consequences you mean serious legal consequences). The gif you posted along with that original claim should have tipped you off.

Can’t edit, but I went back and saw you did mention boxing as an exception. Self defense and defense of others are two obvious ones as well.

Back