• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I'm disappointed in the way we're winning

What progress on the fiscal front?
fa8404a153b7b55d398642c0c88a4d15.gif

Brad, ladies and gentleman. A man who posts dumb shit and then gets his feelings hurt when people think he is a dumb shit.

Dude, just call jh and ask him to post for you. You’ll look A LOT smarter.

Oh, stop it people. Obama had very little influence over the growth of the GDP. Neither does Trump. Tax cuts have, perhaps, had some limited short-term impact, but it's likely not long lasting since most of the beneficiaries just bought back their own company stock to inflate their stock price. There has been very little additive fiscal policy in this country in the last decade. Monetary policy has driven the boat. It's the Central Bankers' world and we're just living in it.

Oh, stop it people. Obama had very little influence over the growth of the GDP. Neither does Trump. Tax cuts have, perhaps, had some limited short-term impact, but it's likely not long lasting since most of the beneficiaries just bought back their own company stock to inflate their stock price. There has been very little additive fiscal policy in this country in the last decade. Monetary policy has driven the boat. It's the Central Bankers' world and we're just living in it.

I agree with your overarching point (that politicians, red or blue, don't have nearly as big of an impact on the economy as pundits suggest), but stock buy-backs return money to investors that could then be invested in other companies / projects. I don't think the fact that fortune 500 companies are using tax savings in that way necessarily indicates that the tax cut won't result in incremental investment. Of course, an increase in investment isn't necessarily going to impact "Main Street".

Back