• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brutal Maryland Football Article - ESPN

Maryland Head football coach now on leave.

Maryland AD 6:00 PM. Aug 11, 2018 email to many:

Dear Terps,

I am extremely concerned by the allegations of unacceptable behaviors by members of our football staff detailed in recent media reports. We are committed to fully investigating the program.

At this time, the best decision for our football program is to place Maryland Head Football Coach DJ Durkin on leave so we can properly review the culture of the program. This is effective immediately. Matt Canada will serve as interim head coach.

The external review into the tragic death of Jordan McNair continues, and we have committed to releasing publicly the report being prepared by an independent and national expert.

The safety and well-being of our student-athletes is our highest priority. These alleged behaviors are not consistent with the values I expect all of our staff to adhere to and we must do better.

You will be hearing from me as our work continues to rebuild the culture of respect in our football program.

Damon Evans

Every year in football they get to play OSU, PSU, Michigan State and Michigan.

In Durkin’s 2nd year last year, they went 0-4 in those games by a combined score of 180-34.

Yea, but the research consortium !

Yeaaaaaaaah they're gonna have to fire everyone named. That is really bad.

Has any coach or staff been fired right before the start of the season? I don't recall any.
There could be changes at MD and OSU soon.

Has any coach or staff been fired right before the start of the season? I don't recall any.
There could be changes at MD and OSU soon.

If even some of the stuff in the ESPN article is true, I don't think Durkin remains at MD once their report on the death of Jordan McNair is complete.

Is Coach Jason Brown of ICC now running the Terp football program?

Matt Canada, offensive coordinator, is running things at Maryland as the interim head coach.

Try reading the email above.

Try Google every now and then if you run across something unfamiliar.

He made an incorrect supposition about who was "running" Maryland FB. I provided the correct information straight from the Maryland AD's announcement. Cutesy google lookups not required.

If even some of the stuff in the ESPN article is true, I don't think Durkin remains at MD once their report on the death of Jordan McNair is complete.

Plus they weren’t even winning.

Good friend of mine played ball at an FCS school that went D1 and the stories were unreal. Treating men like horses.

You hope it’s rogue programs but you don’t know.

He made a joke about a Netflix show I don’t even watch but I got the reference.

Yeah, deaconblue, the joke went completely over your head. That’s why I suggested Google. Come up out of the basement every now and then, and experience the world.

Yeah, deaconblue, the joke went completely over your head. That’s why I suggested Google. Come up out of the basement every now and then, and experience the world.

I consider physical and mental abuse of young men inappropriate for jokes. I didn't need google to tell me the fact that Matt Canada, not some guy named Brown, was the interim head coach at Maryland.

Sounded like some guys per usual on here, read about half the Maryland announcement and then went into speculation mode.

Maybe you think Brown should be added to Clawson's staff to you know, "toughen up" some of the guys who weren't in the scrimmage.

I consider physical and mental abuse of young men inappropriate for jokes. I didn't need google to tell me the fact that Matt Canada, not some guy named Brown, was the interim head coach at Maryland.

Sounded like some guys per usual on here, read about half the Maryland announcement and then went into speculation mode.

Maybe you think Brown should be added to Clawson's staff to you know, "toughen up" some of the guys who weren't in the scrimmage.

Ok, I see now. You’re on the spectrum. Sorry to inconvenience you.

Ok, I see now. You’re on the spectrum. Sorry to inconvenience you.

The "spectrum " am on is one that considers physical and mental abuse of college young men to be unacceptable and not a suitable topic for joking about replacing one abuser with another.

What's your position on the spectrum?

So being fiesty about a coaching staff change caused by the staff inflicting mental and physical abuse on their players to the point of causing the death of one of the players and not seeing it as a joking matter puts me on the spectrum?

Ok. I don't share your sense of humor.

My position on the spectrum is to not to agitate those on it. It’s mean. So, I’m just going to let you be you without further direct comment.

Back