• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brutal Maryland Football Article - ESPN

Not sure unionizing players is the answer.

Whether you do or not, it was an attempt to do something about it. I don’t expect conservatives to get behind labor on these things. I’m sure if college football players speak up for themselves, Trump will weigh in as well to help rally his base.

Article describing "dysfunctional viper pit" at MD Athletics in Wash Post sports today.

Last edited:
Today is the day the Maryland BoT gets the report of the investigation of the death of Jordan McNair. His family has requested an opportunity to review the report before it is released to the public. Articles about the latest here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...8719177250f_story.html?utm_term=.627bc81eecb3

Also tough on the players and staff to do what they need to do under the circumstances.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...60695e7f3fc_story.html?utm_term=.c0ea68d025ef

Some people at Maryland are expecting something similar to what happened after the death of Len Bias.

If Loh really had some cajones, he would have taken the Regents at their word that they didn't meddle in personnel decisions, fired Durkin, Evans (MD athletic director) immediately and the remaining football staff at the end of the season and told the regents it was personnel, and dared them to fire him, but alas, he is simply retiring at the end of the school year.

According to one of the articles posted above, Loh considered that because of who the regents would have installed if he had left immediately. Sounds like Wake Law alum Robert Ehrlich is neck deep in the whole thing too.

So Durkin returns as a lame duck of sorts. I would imagine an exodus by the current football players, and difficulty recruiting new ones. How can Wake benefit from Maryland's terrible mistake?

So Durkin returns as a lame duck of sorts. I would imagine an exodus by the current football players, and difficulty recruiting new ones. How can Wake benefit from Maryland's terrible mistake?

1. accept transfers of current Maryland players. Sounds like three are out the door now. More will follow at season end.
2. land recruits Wake and Maryland are both going after.

Who would have thought Louisville would be less corrupt than Maryland?

Sure would be nice if Wake could take advantage of this and snag a few of their top recruits and some quality transfers.

Rough times for MD basketball helped get Childress to Wake. Maybe some of the same Karma will get Wake a few football players.

Nothing like doing the right thing in the worst possible way.

Ànd Evans needs to be next.

Last edited:
Back