• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brutal Maryland Football Article - ESPN

Worth noting that Ryan Horn only works with the men’s basketball team. There is a different staff that works with the football team.

And one more thing...

Thanks to Maryland football for knocking the Jamill Jones stuff off of the front page for now.

This will be a much bigger story, at least across the college athletics landscape.

Amazing how out of sight out of mind Maryland is to me. I had no idea who their coach is. When they announced they were leaving the ACC I thought that would seem weird, but really I haven’t given them a second thought.

And one more thing...

Thanks to Maryland football for knocking the Jamill Jones stuff off of the front page for now.

This will be a much bigger story, at least across the college athletics landscape.

It should be a bigger story - and a warning to all asshole coaches/trainers. What Jones did was horrible in its result, but without evidence of a repeated pattern of unacceptable behavior. What these men have been repeatedly doing is beyond Assholeville. I have played and I have coached. I am not expecting players to be coddled, and I was not coddled. Maybe the Old Testament "eye for an eye" philosophy should come into play here. Let those coaches run sprints until they have seizure activity and eat until they puke while people are in their faces with insults. If I had a connection to the University of Maryland, I would be livid.

Maryland has been utterly uncompetitive in the Big Ten. So there’s probably been some pressure to shake things up. Not that that justifies it.

Last edited:
It should be a bigger story - and a warning to all asshole coaches/trainers. What Jones did was horrible in its result, but without evidence of a repeated pattern of unacceptable behavior. What these men have been repeatedly doing is beyond Assholeville. I have played and I have coached. I am not expecting players to be coddled, and I was not coddled. Maybe the Old Testament "eye for an eye" philosophy should come into play here. Let those coaches run sprints until they have seizure activity and eat until they puke while people are in their faces with insults. If I had a connection to the University of Maryland, I would be livid.

I thougt Maryland leaving was bad for them and bad for the ACC. It’s amazing how quickly they became a non-entity.

I thougt Maryland leaving was bad for them and bad for the ACC. It’s amazing how quickly they became a non-entity.

Well, the ACC basically traded one trashy fan base for another in Louisville, but by hook or crook Louisville’s athletic program is much better than Maryland’s, so I don’t know that the ACC didn’t come out better. Maryland went from being in a conference where they meant something being a charter member of the ACC to being a team nobody gives a crap about in the Big10/14.

Well, the ACC basically traded one trashy fan base for another in Louisville, but by hook or crook Louisville’s athletic program is much better than Maryland’s, so I don’t know that the ACC didn’t come out better. Maryland went from being in a conference where they meant something being a charter member of the ACC to being a team nobody gives a crap about in the Big10/14.

Maybe, but if I were picking right now between Louisville and Maryland, I’d take Maryland in a heartbeat.

From the stories that have emerged, Louisville used hook(ers) and crook(ed) bagmen to advance their athletic programs. So yeah, Louisvill made their program better by both hook and crook.

How hard do we recruit the mid-Atlantic?

This article and Fedora's CTE denial have to make recruiting better for regional teams like us.

Every year in football they get to play OSU, PSU, Michigan State and Michigan.

In Durkin’s 2nd year last year, they went 0-4 in those games by a combined score of 180-34.

Just read this. Awful situation.
Would not be surprised if they had some coaching changes soon.
Team morale has to be awful and this will likely destroy recruiting.

Worth noting that Ryan Horn only works with the men’s basketball team. There is a different staff that works with the football team.

Wake football head strength and conditioning coach is Brandon Hourigan. He seems to be doing a pretty good job of getting guys to add and subtract weight as needed.

Back