Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: WF Men's Soccer 2018 In-Season Thread

I'd be surprised if we get the top seed. Looked sloppy last night, was not surprised when we lost on a sloppy goal. Like it was said earlier, maybe for the best. We've won the ACC recently, I'd rather lose now and win it all in December.

Much as it sucks to lose, especially to Louisville, sloppy play should be fixable. And if Wake is going to make a run in December, it has to be fixed.

If UNC wins the ACC tourney, my guess is that they will be the #1 seed. I would think we would still end up #2.

Women with a great golden goal to beat Ohio State in OT of the NCAA tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
    Women with a great golden goal to beat Ohio State in OT of the NCAA tournament.
    I love beating Ohio State .........in anything and everything

UNC loses, but Indiana wins big. Not sure how this shakes out tmw.

When do they announce pairings?

Quote Originally Posted by segedenissen View Post
    When do they announce pairings?
    Looks like tomorrow, Selection Monday!

Assuming we are a top 16 seed (we will be), our first match will be on Nov. 18th at home.

1pm today on ncaa.com

Get Colgate-UNH winner, then get the winner of 16 seed Syracuse-(Rider or Akron)

Is Stanford on our side of the bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Is Stanford on our side of the bracket?
    Yes, 4th round
    Syracuse in our quarter.
    UNC and Louisville in our half.
    Last edited by The Mangler; 11-12-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Yeah they're the 9 seed, we'd get them in the quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    Yeah they're the 9 seed, we'd get them in the quarters.
    If seeding holds they’ll have to get past Louisville and UNC first.

Maybe I misread the bracket as it popped up re: Stanford - still waiting to see the full released bracket.

Stanford is the 9 so they don't have to get through Louisville or UNC first. Louisville and UNC are in the same bracket but we could play one of them in the College Cup if we get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    Stanford is the 9 so they don't have to get through Louisville or UNC first. Louisville and UNC are in the same bracket but we could play one of them in the College Cup if we get there.
    You are correct. We wouldn’t see Louisville or UNC until the semis assuming everything goes to seed.

We could have to beat the last three teams we’ve lost to in order to make the final.

Did Creighton not get in or did I miss them? They probably have a reason to be pissed if so.
    Last edited by Fayettenam; 11-12-2018 at 02:27 PM.