Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: WF Men's Soccer 2018 In-Season Thread

Never Murdered My FIL
    It took a hell of a lot of sports karmic capital to beat duke yesterday.

Not to mention they out-fouled us like 25-7, and not a single red/double-yellow for all the persistent fouling and playing dirty as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by cookoutdeac View Post
    Not to mention they out-fouled us like 25-7, and not a single red/double-yellow for all the persistent fouling and playing dirty as fuck.
    It's the same style that has eliminated us the last few years.

Never Murdered My FIL
    Do we see much play like that in the regular season?

lots of ACC teams knocked out early, maybe it's a style of play thing

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by deacon14 View Post
    He was fucking on. Absolutely unbelievable
    I thought he looked off. Frustrating end to the season.

With the way that game was going, we win in overtime easily. With every game on ESPN3, it’s insane there’s no video review system inside the last couple minutes. We got fucked.

We failed on multiple opportunities to score; but, we were still robbed in the end.

Obviously, the book on Wake is to play us extremely physical and dirty.

Foul in box to end the first half that was not called and offside that wasn’t at end of second half that was. Game over and season over.

Quote Originally Posted by timdunkandthefunk View Post
    I thought he looked off. Frustrating end to the season.
    Chol or Zarris? Chol was def on, his strides are just crazy long so sometimes he looks off when he’s not. Zarris was closer, but still not off IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by lbdeac94 View Post
    Foul in box to end the first half that was not called and offside that wasn’t at end of second half that was. Game over and season over.
    oh fuck, I'd even forgotten about that clear PK, guy totally whiffed the slide tackle and caught his foot, don't know how in the world the ref missed that as close as he was

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    It took a hell of a lot of sports karmic capital to beat duke yesterday.
    A wake loss yesterday to duke followed by what just transpired would’ve resulted in an apocalyptic wake sports meltdown.

Would be nice if someone at Wake Forest could file a complaint about the reffing and how Wake always loses because teams get away with playing dirty and fouling. Shouldn't be allowed every single year in the NCAAs.

I'm so fucking pissed. We got fucked by the god damn AR.

And I hate that physical bullshit. Totally takes us out of our game and we don't know how to counter it. Foul disparity was like 30-7. And how Egbo that coxksucker never got a second yellow for his constant revenge fouls and dirty play is beyond me.

Hackworth can get fucked too, that whining bastard.

An absolutely incredible season, considering what we lost last year. Really proud of these guys. They played above themselves in what should have been a rebuilding year.

Akron was the better squad tonight. They didn't pack it in, even after going up a goal.

Hope we can keep Zarris, but it seems likely that he leaves for the MLS. Parente may leave as well, but he could use another year.

Not sure I've ever seen a player improve from one season to the next as Machop Chol.

I do think that we need to recruit a little more size.

Quote Originally Posted by mebanedeac View Post
    I do think that we need to recruit a little more size.
    Agree 100%.