• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Men's Soccer 2018 In-Season Thread

Man I’m just gonna put it out there - we’re soft. We were soft in tournament last year and soft all day today. They thoroughly deserved it. They were better team in first half and then packed it in once they scored. I’m not a soccer expert but it seems like all we are interested in is completing passes.

And as i told the Mrs (sadly, another Wake alum) - there is an insititutional issue with being the favorite at anything and there has been for 30 years+. We are just terrible at it. See men’s hoops, football, soccer, etc.

Man I’m just gonna put it out there - we’re soft. We were soft in tournament last year and soft all day today. They thoroughly deserved it. They were better team in first half and then packed it in once they scored. I’m not a soccer expert but it seems like all we are interested in is completing passes.

And as i told the Mrs (sadly, another Wake alum) - there is an insititutional issue with being the favorite at anything and there has been for 30 years+. We are just terrible at it. See men’s hoops, football, soccer, etc.

That second paragraph is really lazy analysis.

Chol or Zarris? Chol was def on, his strides are just crazy long so sometimes he looks off when he’s not. Zarris was closer, but still not off IMO.

Zarris. I thought at first we were arguing it was an own goal. He looked a step off.

That second paragraph is really lazy analysis.

Oh please enlighten me on all the higher seeds we’ve beaten in any tournament in the last 30 years vs all the times we’ve flamed out. I will out-example you 5 to 1

It might be lazy, but as a long time Wake fan, we seem to get upset in national tournaments in all sports way more than we upset anybody.

I don’t disagree with the sentiment. It’s just really lazy to think there is some underlying institutional problem to blame. God is an asshole with his hatred of wake forest makes more sense. Bobby Muuss is one of the 3 best coaches we’ve ever had in any sport. These things happen. It’s extremely frustrating, but it is what it is. How often does the best team win the single elimination tournament?

Seems like we are underachieving a bit with Muuss and the non-physical play we exhibit. Probably needs to change things up a bit going forward.

Seems like we are underachieving a bit with Muuss and the non-physical play we exhibit. Probably needs to change things up a bit going forward.

Underachieving? Really? Top 5 every season he has been here, right? Underachieving?

Do you seriously think we are underachieving with Muuss?

Underachieving in the NCAA tournament which is really all that matters.

Would someone please explain the offside penalty that eliminated the goal. I don't the rules but understood the reason most of the penalties that were assessed. Seems like that call in that situation could get a ref hurt in some countries. Thanks.

The only answer to physical play is to be able to dish it out when needed. That's a fact in most sports. Deacs could use some size and some mean.

Does anyone have a link to a replay? I turned it of with about 4 mins to go because I couldn't bear seeing the final moments.

Anybody who thinks we are underachieving under Muuss is an idiot.

Quite obvious that we overachieved in the regular season, as we did last year. We lost, what, 7 players to the MLS?

We were a one seed and lost to a 16 seed. I'd say that is definition of underachieving.

We are going to keep losing these tournament games until we. become more physical in our play.

If Muuss has underachieved at WF, Tony Bennett has underachieved at UVA. Both are ignorant positions.

WF women pulled upsets in the NCAA soccer and field hockey tournaments.

Sometimes our fans are really stupid.

Back