Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 489

Thread: WF Men's Soccer 2018 In-Season Thread

  1. #361
    Man Iím just gonna put it out there - weíre soft. We were soft in tournament last year and soft all day today. They thoroughly deserved it. They were better team in first half and then packed it in once they scored. Iím not a soccer expert but it seems like all we are interested in is completing passes.

    And as i told the Mrs (sadly, another Wake alum) - there is an insititutional issue with being the favorite at anything and there has been for 30 years+. We are just terrible at it. See menís hoops, football, soccer, etc.

  2. #362
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    63,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
    Man Iím just gonna put it out there - weíre soft. We were soft in tournament last year and soft all day today. They thoroughly deserved it. They were better team in first half and then packed it in once they scored. Iím not a soccer expert but it seems like all we are interested in is completing passes.

    And as i told the Mrs (sadly, another Wake alum) - there is an insititutional issue with being the favorite at anything and there has been for 30 years+. We are just terrible at it. See menís hoops, football, soccer, etc.
    That second paragraph is really lazy analysis.

  3. #363
    I thought we needed at least one more pass on most of our shots.

  4. #364
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    That second paragraph is really lazy analysis.
    It might be lazy, but as a long time Wake fan, we seem to get upset in national tournaments in all sports way more than we upset anybody.

  5. #365
    Rusty Larue
    timdunkandthefunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    D.C. via Crimehurst
    Posts
    14,560
    Quote Originally Posted by deacon14 View Post
    Chol or Zarris? Chol was def on, his strides are just crazy long so sometimes he looks off when heís not. Zarris was closer, but still not off IMO.
    Zarris. I thought at first we were arguing it was an own goal. He looked a step off.

  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    That second paragraph is really lazy analysis.
    Oh please enlighten me on all the higher seeds weíve beaten in any tournament in the last 30 years vs all the times weíve flamed out. I will out-example you 5 to 1

  7. #367
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    63,070
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    It might be lazy, but as a long time Wake fan, we seem to get upset in national tournaments in all sports way more than we upset anybody.
    I donít disagree with the sentiment. Itís just really lazy to think there is some underlying institutional problem to blame. God is an asshole with his hatred of wake forest makes more sense. Bobby Muuss is one of the 3 best coaches weíve ever had in any sport. These things happen. Itís extremely frustrating, but it is what it is. How often does the best team win the single elimination tournament?

  8. #368
    Are we the uva of soccer?

  9. #369
    Seems like we are underachieving a bit with Muuss and the non-physical play we exhibit. Probably needs to change things up a bit going forward.

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by berneses View Post
    Seems like we are underachieving a bit with Muuss and the non-physical play we exhibit. Probably needs to change things up a bit going forward.
    Underachieving? Really? Top 5 every season he has been here, right? Underachieving?

  11. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by berneses View Post
    Seems like we are underachieving a bit with Muuss and the non-physical play we exhibit. Probably needs to change things up a bit going forward.
    Do you seriously think we are underachieving with Muuss?

  12. #372
    Quote Originally Posted by siler View Post
    Do you seriously think we are underachieving with Muuss?
    tough crowd!

  13. #373
    Underachieving in the NCAA tournament which is really all that matters.

  14. #374
    Would someone please explain the offside penalty that eliminated the goal. I don't the rules but understood the reason most of the penalties that were assessed. Seems like that call in that situation could get a ref hurt in some countries. Thanks.

    The only answer to physical play is to be able to dish it out when needed. That's a fact in most sports. Deacs could use some size and some mean.

  15. #375
    Does anyone have a link to a replay? I turned it of with about 4 mins to go because I couldn't bear seeing the final moments.

  16. #376
    Anybody who thinks we are underachieving under Muuss is an idiot.

    Quite obvious that we overachieved in the regular season, as we did last year. We lost, what, 7 players to the MLS?

  17. #377
    We were a one seed and lost to a 16 seed. I'd say that is definition of underachieving.

  18. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by berneses View Post
    We were a one seed and lost to a 16 seed. I'd say that is definition of underachieving.
    That's not really how this works.

  19. #379
    We are going to keep losing these tournament games until we. become more physical in our play.

  20. #380
    If Muuss has underachieved at WF, Tony Bennett has underachieved at UVA. Both are ignorant positions.

    WF women pulled upsets in the NCAA soccer and field hockey tournaments.

    Sometimes our fans are really stupid.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •