• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Men's Soccer 2018 In-Season Thread

Akron vs IU for the cup

Well, at least we continue the tradition that we don't get knocked out by teams that aren't good enough to win it all.

2012 (Coastal Carolina) was the last time we got knocked out by a team that didn't make the College Cup. Four of the last five went on to win it all. Akron would make it 5 of the last 6.

This was our year
I don't necessarily agree with that - we lost a lot of starters and we weren't predicted to be championship caliber. Sucks that we got knocked out early, as compared to our seed. If you told the fanbase preseason that we would be ranked #1 most of the season and make the sweet sixteen, i'm sure most fans would have been pretty satisfied.

I don't necessarily agree with that - we lost a lot of starters and we weren't predicted to be championship caliber. Sucks that we got knocked out early, as compared to our seed. If you told the fanbase preseason that we would be ranked #1 most of the season and make the sweet sixteen, i'm sure most fans would have been pretty satisfied.

Three All-Americans on the team. We should've gone farther.

Some dude named Bryang Kayo from DC United just committed to us.

MD gave up zero goals in 5 games in the tournament.

Those years Stanford also basically *scored* zero goals in regular time throughout the tournament.

Probs should have posted this in this thread, but:

Parkhurst! In my all-time Wake XI (probably). Was the best player on the best team that should have won something (had Hesmer not broke his leg in the last regular season match) except God hated us.

We were really fucking good in 2003. Hesmer doesn't get hurt, I like our chances.

Hesmer, Parkhurst, Jerry White, Scott Sealy, Moose. Great team.

Back