• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Men's Soccer 2018 In-Season Thread

And I think he would have worked with Chris Brewer at Philly Union academy? Is he still there?

Edit - Brewer has U-15s, so maybe not.

Just saw that Logan Gdula was drafted by Cinci. Does this mean he won't play his senior season at Wake?

Dunwell 8th pick in 3rd round.

49897167_1964484466939259_6179779024873586688_o.jpg

Jaden Servania is going to be a Deac, and he's going to be DAMN GOOD (presuming he doesn't sign HGP)...

Twitter says Omir Fernandez is signing with an MLS team. Did we expect that departure?

Yeah, for the most part. He's part of NYRB and obviously has the talent. There had been some issue with whether there were enough spots on their roster to sign him, but Red Bulls made some big moves in the draft. I'm guessing he'll likely see most of his playing time next season at NYRB II.

While Harkes was technically cut by DC United, it was more of a mutual decision than DC United simply dumping him. Harkes contributed some last year, but was not getting a ton of PT, and he wanted to play abroad. Sounded like if he wanted to stay in North America there would have been MLS clubs interested, but Harkes was born in England and holds dual citizenship, and he wanted explore playing across the pond.

Why the need to "dig"? I think any one on this board would give their right nut to "cut" by the DC United. That means you made it to the highest level . Best of luck to Ian despite one of his "fans".

My note was meant as a dig to the "European soccer is superior." To the casual reader of the original post, Harkes is going to play for a European (and by that term, superior) soccer team. Just a short (maybe too short) way of saying that this was an instance of a player going from the US to Europe under circumstances that do not look like a promotion.

Best of luck to Ian. He had a great career at Wake.

I’m not really sure if it’s the wording, but the Wake Men’s newest soccer signing announcement seems like they were announcing the final commits. Omar Fernandez and Jaden Servania we’re not included in the announcements. Lots of buzz that Jaden could be a HGP for Houston. So, I don’t really know what to think. Hopefully the next two announcements are still to come.

It's based on a 0-2-1 record in Spring matches vs Clemson, Duke, and UNC.

Back