Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425

Thread: WF Men's Soccer 2018 In-Season Thread

And I think he would have worked with Chris Brewer at Philly Union academy? Is he still there?

Edit - Brewer has U-15s, so maybe not.
    Runs with deer.

Quote Originally Posted by timdunkandthefunk View Post
    Man, you aren't kidding. Shitting all over him.
    And there he goes, scoring against Derby to put them 5 points adrift and playing a pretty damn good game.

Just saw that Logan Gdula was drafted by Cinci. Does this mean he won't play his senior season at Wake?

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Just saw that Logan Gdula was drafted by Cinci. Does this mean he won't play his senior season at Wake?
    Pretty sure this was his senior season.

Quote Originally Posted by siler View Post
    Pretty sure this was his senior season.
    Ah. Thanks. Then he finished his Wake career.
    Congrats to him. Great to be drafted that high.

Dunwell 8th pick in 3rd round.

Runs with deer.

Jaden Servania is going to be a Deac, and he's going to be DAMN GOOD (presuming he doesn't sign HGP)...

Rusty Larue
    Twitter says Omir Fernandez is signing with an MLS team. Did we expect that departure?

Quote Originally Posted by timdunkandthefunk View Post
    Twitter says Omir Fernandez is signing with an MLS team. Did we expect that departure?
    Yeah, for the most part. He's part of NYRB and obviously has the talent. There had been some issue with whether there were enough spots on their roster to sign him, but Red Bulls made some big moves in the draft. I'm guessing he'll likely see most of his playing time next season at NYRB II.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Ian Harkes signs with Dundee United

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2019/01...Je9skjGmqU9fv4

Quote Originally Posted by siff View Post
    Ian Harkes signs with Dundee United

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2019/01...Je9skjGmqU9fv4
    After being cut by DC United.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Which the link clearly states.

Richard Joyce
    Why the need to "dig"? I think any one on this board would give their right nut to "cut" by the DC United. That means you made it to the highest level . Best of luck to Ian despite one of his "fans".

While Harkes was technically cut by DC United, it was more of a mutual decision than DC United simply dumping him. Harkes contributed some last year, but was not getting a ton of PT, and he wanted to play abroad. Sounded like if he wanted to stay in North America there would have been MLS clubs interested, but Harkes was born in England and holds dual citizenship, and he wanted explore playing across the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by nvadeac View Post
    Why the need to "dig"? I think any one on this board would give their right nut to "cut" by the DC United. That means you made it to the highest level . Best of luck to Ian despite one of his "fans".
    My note was meant as a dig to the "European soccer is superior." To the casual reader of the original post, Harkes is going to play for a European (and by that term, superior) soccer team. Just a short (maybe too short) way of saying that this was an instance of a player going from the US to Europe under circumstances that do not look like a promotion.

Best of luck to Ian. He had a great career at Wake.

Scotland not europe. Sort of

Iím not really sure if itís the wording, but the Wake Menís newest soccer signing announcement seems like they were announcing the final commits. Omar Fernandez and Jaden Servania weíre not included in the announcements. Lots of buzz that Jaden could be a HGP for Houston. So, I donít really know what to think. Hopefully the next two announcements are still to come.