Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: WF Men's Soccer 2018 In-Season Thread

This team is very talented but evidently young. I am salivating at the thought of what they could be by December.

Here are the three goals (you may need to have a cable login):
    WFU 1 - 0 IU Omir Fernandez
    http://www.espn.com/watch?id=3425460&t=01h07m02s

WFU 1 - 1 IU Griffin Dorsey
    http://www.espn.com/watch?id=3425460&t=01h32m24s

WFU 2 - 1 IU Kyle Holcomb
    http://www.espn.com/watch?id=3425460&t=02h23m00s

Scott "Rufio" Feather

Nm
    Last edited by rjreynolds; 08-26-2018 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Iím dumb

Just watched our goals and the finish...WOW. Hell of a win for the guys. I like that they referred to us as a juggernaut too. Feels good to be awesome at something.

Embarrassingly bad offside call against Chol to rob him of his goal. Thatís REALLY, REALLY poor officiating. He was on by at least 2 yards.

Up 3-1 late vs ETSU

What happened in the Indiana/UNC game?

never mind, I saw on twitter that Indiana won 1-0. Good.
    Last edited by mebanedeac; 08-26-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Rusty Larue
    I think top to bottom Wake has the best home support but Iím always impressed by the UVA ďultrasĒ or whatever they call themselves now. They make a lot of noise home or away.

#1 in both polls. I guess that's assumed these days?

We take on undefeated NC State this Friday. Manny Perez, arguably State's best player along with Gabe Machado, was called into U20 camp this week and will be unavailable for selection on Friday.

Also, I missed this earlier this year, but we received a commitment from Takuma Suzuki, who came to the State just to be around the ATL United program. Pretty amazing what that club has done.

https://theundefeated.com/features/a...occer-culture/

Bruno Lapa is in very, very good form.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayettenam View Post
    Bruno Lapa is in very, very good form.
    Yes he is. Wake 4 Presby 1

It did not look like pleasant conditions last night. Humid af. Good mid-week win.
    Runs with deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayettenam View Post
    We take on undefeated NC State this Friday. Manny Perez, arguably State's best player along with Gabe Machado, was called into U20 camp this week and will be unavailable for selection on Friday.

Also, I missed this earlier this year, but we received a commitment from Takuma Suzuki, who came to the State just to be around the ATL United program. Pretty amazing what that club has done.

https://theundefeated.com/features/a...occer-culture/
    Cool article.
    Runs with deer.

Seems as if Aristotle Zarris was also called into U-20 camp but haven't found anything concrete on that.

Looks like he was called in July but isn't on the list this time around.
    Last edited by Wakeforest22890; 09-05-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    It did not look like pleasant conditions last night. Humid af. Good mid-week win.
    Very good win. It seems as though we're trying to find out best formation and connections early on here. McMaster, while having a couple goals to his name, has been moved around each game as it seems his touch and movement haven't been perfect as a holding forward. Holcomb, Parente, and Aristotle have all looked good up top and replacing attacking players. McMaster seemed better last night when he was tucked in behind with Omir as it allowed him to attack players.

Lapa and Dunwell have been great. No other way to put it.

The backline seems to still be sorting itself out. Raben and DeShields are obviously new partners and with that comes understanding each other's positioning at time. In the first 4 matches, there have been times when they both went to occupy the same place or player and left an opening behind them. I'm high on Gdula and think he's been one of our best players already. Always in position, good size, and excellent crossing. It seems as though teams are attacking Folds instead and he's struggled a little with his defensive role and crossing has to get better.

Edit: And let's talk Chol. If he's not 100%, you could have fooled me. Such a different player with his size and speed. And he's been VERY UNFORTUNATE to have been called offsides twice in two separate games when he's in on goal and both were pretty terrible calls.

Friday should be a good match and great atmosphere.
    Last edited by Fayettenam; 09-05-2018 at 11:42 AM.

I was very impressed with Chol last night. He has such graceful speed, you donít realize how fast he is until he has blown by the defense. He had a great assist last night. I thought the team looked much sharper in the second half last night than they have so far this season. The quick passing play was sublime at times. The only goal we allowed was a dumb mistake by Folds when he tried to dribble out of the back. Heíll learn from that one.

Scooter Banks
    anybody else having a problem with the broadcast?
    le bone