Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: WF Men's Soccer 2018 In-Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by harmoniousmonk View Post
    1-1 at half vs Davidson
    Davidson?
    Hope we get our act together in the second half.

Wake up 2-1.

Remember when they had the soccer Final Four in Davidson for a couple of years in the 90s? That shit was sweet. A couple of UVA titles (at least one). AJ Wood, that fuck. They wore Lanzera gear at the time crazy.
    Runs with deer.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Remember when they had the soccer Final Four in Davidson for a couple of years in the 90s? That shit was sweet. A couple of UVA titles (at least one). AJ Wood, that fuck. They wore Lanzera gear at the time crazy.
    Davidson made it one of those years as I recall.

Lapa is legit.
    beer and titties

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    Yeah there was one year it was weird and like UVA, San Diego, Davidson, and, um, South Carolina? No. I forget and I may be mixing.
    Runs with deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekin View Post
    Davidson?
    Hope we get our act together in the second half.
    4-1 winner

Quote Originally Posted by harmoniousmonk View Post
    I mean 5-1
    That's more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    Yeah, I believe their star player was the son of the Ukrop family of the grocery strore chain of the same name in the Richmond area.

Yeah, Rob Ukrop.

And I was mixing up the two (of three straight at Davidson) Final Fours I went to. In '92 Duke was the other participant, not South Carolina, who were there the following year with Princeton (Bob Bradley) and Cal State-Fullerton, when UVA won their third of four straight. Bastards.
    Runs with deer.

Ron Wellman trying to pimp out his best program for donations. Normally I'd say FUCK YOU RON WELLMAN, but these guys actually deserve the support.

How does Wake's soccer facilities stack up to other top level programs? I've been to Spry for the first time this year and think it's great and also think the practice fields beside of that look very nice.

The Wake women beat #11 BC in OT tonight for the 300th win for Tony Da Luz.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
    The Wake women beat #11 BC in OT tonight for the 300th win for Tony Da Luz.
    Two big wins over ranked opponents in one week. Congrats Coach Da Luz!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakefan77 View Post
    How does Wake's soccer facilities stack up to other top level programs? I've been to Spry for the first time this year and think it's great and also think the practice fields beside of that look very nice.
    Soccer and Tennis facilities are second to none; tennis just won the national championship and we all agree we win it this year in soccer

A Young Go-Hard
    I like Spry, I think it's nice, and we have great fan support, but it's hard to believe it's the best facility in the country - surely the big soccer schools like Stanford, Virginia, Indiana, Carolina invest more money in their soccer programs than lowf
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    I like Spry, I think it's nice, and we have great fan support, but it's hard to believe it's the best facility in the country - surely the big soccer schools like Stanford, Virginia, Indiana, Carolina invest more money in their soccer programs than lowf
    They may invest more, but we are top 10 in facilities. Obviously, S&C is going to be better at larger, public universities because typically its a shared facility backed by football and basketball money. However, our stadium field is pristine, our stadium is a top 5 atmosphere, out locker rooms have been updated, and the practice fields are now playable in any condition and walking distance to players.

Add to that the NC weather that allows players to train and play year round certainly helps.

Stanford, UNC, UMd, UVa, tOSU and Indiana are all in the same league. And oddly enough, teams usually in the same realm of recruiting. It wont shock you, but big universities that could easily set their program apart wont spend the money to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    So fun. I feel like one year was brutally cold. Maybe freezing rain or snow. My dad and I have a picture from it where Im basically wearing all cold weather clothes he had to buy me when we got there after the first half because it was brutal.

Oh, and everyone get to Spry tmw and black it out.