Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: WF Men's Soccer 2018 In-Season Thread

A Young Go-Hard
    #4 Kentucky probably takes #1 ranking now, they destroyed #2 Indiana 3-0 just a few days ago, and already beat Louisville 3-0 earlier this season
    Draxx them sklounst

First loss in the last 23 ACC games. Pretty remarkable streak.

It's sad but I have to lauph that we had the #1 team in the country and there is 5 or 6 posts about our ass kicking tonight. Truth is no ones gives a shit about soccer or tennis or golf. That is why all the money and T.V. dollars goes to football and Basketball. I love following all of our sports. Why do we have to always suck at the big ones we can actually watch on tv?

Quote Originally Posted by olddeac View Post
    It's sad but I have to lauph that we had the #1 team in the country and there is 5 or 6 posts about our ass kicking tonight. Truth is no ones gives a shit about soccer or tennis or golf. That is why all the money and T.V. dollars goes to football and Basketball. I love following all of our sports. Why do we have to always suck at the big ones we can actually watch on tv?
    Because you touch yourself at night.
    Football. Bloody Hell.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Losing on the road to a good conference opponent might be a good thing in the long run. Wake up call what happens if you don't bring the A game each time out.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    #4 Kentucky probably takes #1 ranking now, they destroyed #2 Indiana 3-0 just a few days ago, and already beat Louisville 3-0 earlier this season
    What is your connection to UK?

Overpaid Wax Extractor
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    Losing on the road to a good conference opponent might be a good thing in the long run. Wake up call what happens if you don't bring the A game each time out.
    I don't think Cuse had won an ACC game in a few years of I heard t the telecast right. But they always seem to play us tough.

A Young Go-Hard
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    What is your connection to UK?
    I was born in Lexington, my mom and grandma both went to UK, and my grandpa went to Transylvania University.
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by BacktoBack View Post
    I don't think Cuse had won an ACC game in a few years of I heard t the telecast right. But they always seem to play us tough.
    They hadnít won an acc match in 1 year, but they are #9 in the country in RPI and have played the toughest schedule in the country.

Should be able to bounce back against High Point, but how they handle UVA and Louisville to the end the regular season will be telling.

Quote Originally Posted by deacvision7 View Post
    Because you touch yourself at night.
    I would touch myself tonight for a Natty in soccer.

Yea there is a game tonight. of course we are tied at 2 against High Point

3 -2 Deacs now. 64th minute

4-2 Deacs 79th minute

My ESPN app would not work. Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by mebanedeac View Post
    My ESPN app would not work. Frustrating.
    Same. Wouldn't work for the App football game either. Had to use spectrum's app.
    beer and titties

High Point is ranked in one of the polls, so it's not exactly a gimme game.

I thought the game passed by Dunwell and DeZert quite a bit last night. We came out so quickly and easily got up. After that, it looked like High Point was just going to settle in and take the loss. Once they got their first goal, their midfield started moving a bit more, but it didn't seem like our mids were doing much to disrupt their rhythm. Feel like that's not too normal of them, so hopefully just an issue of getting up early on a Tuesday game with a big Friday game.

Omir was great last night. So good cutting in and attacking players and getting to space. Chol was silky smooth. All in all, good win, but we can't keep leaking goals to teams who haven't done enough to really test us in a game.