• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Men's Soccer 2018 In-Season Thread

Remember when they had the soccer Final Four in Davidson for a couple of years in the 90s? That shit was sweet. A couple of UVA titles (at least one). AJ Wood, that fuck. They wore Lanzera gear at the time — crazy.

Remember when they had the soccer Final Four in Davidson for a couple of years in the 90s? That shit was sweet. A couple of UVA titles (at least one). AJ Wood, that fuck. They wore Lanzera gear at the time — crazy.

Davidson made it one of those years as I recall.

Yeah, Rob Ukrop.

And I was mixing up the two (of three straight at Davidson) Final Fours I went to. In '92 Duke was the other participant, not South Carolina, who were there the following year with Princeton (Bob Bradley) and Cal State-Fullerton, when UVA won their third of four straight. Bastards.

Ron Wellman trying to pimp out his best program for donations. Normally I'd say FUCK YOU RON WELLMAN, but these guys actually deserve the support.

How does Wake's soccer facilities stack up to other top level programs? I've been to Spry for the first time this year and think it's great and also think the practice fields beside of that look very nice.

The Wake women beat #11 BC in OT tonight for the 300th win for Tony Da Luz.

How does Wake's soccer facilities stack up to other top level programs? I've been to Spry for the first time this year and think it's great and also think the practice fields beside of that look very nice.

Soccer and Tennis facilities are second to none; tennis just won the national championship and we all agree we win it this year in soccer

I like Spry, I think it's nice, and we have great fan support, but it's hard to believe it's the best facility in the country - surely the big soccer schools like Stanford, Virginia, Indiana, Carolina invest more money in their soccer programs than lowf

I like Spry, I think it's nice, and we have great fan support, but it's hard to believe it's the best facility in the country - surely the big soccer schools like Stanford, Virginia, Indiana, Carolina invest more money in their soccer programs than lowf

They may invest more, but we are top 10 in facilities. Obviously, S&C is going to be better at larger, public universities because typically it’s a shared facility backed by football and basketball money. However, our stadium field is pristine, our stadium is a top 5 atmosphere, out locker rooms have been updated, and the practice fields are now playable in any condition and walking distance to players.

Add to that the NC weather that allows players to train and play year round certainly helps.

Stanford, UNC, UMd, UVa, tOSU and Indiana are all in the same league. And oddly enough, teams usually in the same realm of recruiting. It won’t shock you, but big universities that could easily set their program apart won’t spend the money to do it.

So fun. I feel like one year was brutally cold. Maybe freezing rain or snow. My dad and I have a picture from it where I’m basically wearing all cold weather clothes he had to buy me when we got there after the first half because it was brutal.

Back