• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Men's Soccer 2018 In-Season Thread

It took a hell of a lot of sports karmic capital to beat duke yesterday.

Not to mention they out-fouled us like 25-7, and not a single red/double-yellow for all the persistent fouling and playing dirty as fuck.

Not to mention they out-fouled us like 25-7, and not a single red/double-yellow for all the persistent fouling and playing dirty as fuck.

It's the same style that has eliminated us the last few years.

With the way that game was going, we win in overtime easily. With every game on ESPN3, it’s insane there’s no video review system inside the last couple minutes. We got fucked.

We failed on multiple opportunities to score; but, we were still robbed in the end.

Obviously, the book on Wake is to play us extremely physical and dirty.

Foul in box to end the first half that was not called and offside that wasn’t at end of second half that was. Game over and season over.

Foul in box to end the first half that was not called and offside that wasn’t at end of second half that was. Game over and season over.

oh fuck, I'd even forgotten about that clear PK, guy totally whiffed the slide tackle and caught his foot, don't know how in the world the ref missed that as close as he was

Would be nice if someone at Wake Forest could file a complaint about the reffing and how Wake always loses because teams get away with playing dirty and fouling. Shouldn't be allowed every single year in the NCAAs.

I'm so fucking pissed. We got fucked by the god damn AR.

And I hate that physical bullshit. Totally takes us out of our game and we don't know how to counter it. Foul disparity was like 30-7. And how Egbo that coxksucker never got a second yellow for his constant revenge fouls and dirty play is beyond me.

An absolutely incredible season, considering what we lost last year. Really proud of these guys. They played above themselves in what should have been a rebuilding year.

Akron was the better squad tonight. They didn't pack it in, even after going up a goal.

Hope we can keep Zarris, but it seems likely that he leaves for the MLS. Parente may leave as well, but he could use another year.

Not sure I've ever seen a player improve from one season to the next as Machop Chol.

Back