• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Men's Soccer 2018 In-Season Thread

Weather is miserable in Winston for a game. Hopefully people still show up to support the Wake team that deserves it most.

Should be an awesome game, but there's no way there's even a decent crowd with this weather. Constantly raining and pretty cold, anyone other than an absolute die hard is gonna sit this one out.

UVA cancelled its game against UNC tonight because of weather. Soccer.

Just confirming based on previous years, would we host an ACC tournament game Sunday after the Syracuse football game? So, Sunday November 4?

Man, we've played in some shit before. But maybe if it doesn't really mean anything we bail on it. Kind of surprised about UVa unless they thought their field wouldn't drain. Shame that didn't stop that ACC semi from happening in the oughts when there was standing water all over the field and we of course lost because God hated us for awhile.

Brandon Vincent, who was a part of Stanford squads to knock us out, has announced his MLS retirement at 24. Pretty wild considering he was getting regular playing time with the Fire. I believe he’ll be going to medical school. It’s actually a great selling point for Gunn to recruits that I assume Bobby has done with Schilawski.

How does the league not require UNC and UVA to play their match?

Really ridiculous. They play one less physical, competitive game. Were any players on suspension or a card away from suspension? I just don’t get the ACC letting this happen.

Really ridiculous. They play one less physical, competitive game. Were any players on suspension or a card away from suspension? I just don’t get the ACC letting this happen.

That really is absurd. Each team should lose one position in the conference standings by reason of not playing.

It would be like the SEC canceling Bama LSU this weekend so both teams could get into the playoff. Major BS. No lightning, game on.

Beautiful day for a game. State’s Manny Perez with the YMNT trying to qualify for the WC (along with a few WF alums), but this State team has still been playing pretty good ball.

Whoa, Jay’s Pitt team took out UVa @ UVa and is at Duke today. I feel like those were his two bogey ACC teams here.

Beautiful day for a game. State’s Manny Perez with the YMNT trying to qualify for the WC (along with a few WF alums), but this State team has still been playing pretty good ball.

Didn’t Perez miss the first game as well? Wake have anyone missing for this one?

Back