• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Men's Soccer 2018 In-Season Thread

We got pretty dominated but that was exciting! I'll take it!

really? that was not my take. at any rate, it is a great win.

I couldn't watch as closely as I would've liked but it felt like that. I could easily be wrong! A win is a win and that's a great way to start the season.

I thought that Indiana looked like the older, more experienced team; but we looked quicker and more skilled individually. But I am by no means a well trained soccer fan.

I thought that Indiana looked like the older, more experienced team; but we looked quicker and more skilled individually. But I am by no means a well trained soccer fan.
I totally agree with this. Our skill and athleticism was clearly supperior. There were probably a dozen instances I noticed where our players completely outclassed Indiana, with tackling, dribbling, and passing skill. I believe Indiana's maturity and experience allowed them to dominate the first half, but whatever Muus did at halftime worked, because we came out and were obviously the better squad in the 2nd half.

Our defenders looked brilliant. Tackles were class. Midfield was either outclassed or outnumbered. Really enjoyed seeing wake soccer back, but we definitely have some growing to do.

Don't know shit about soccer but my son (13) and I went for the first time and had a blast. Will def. be back. I'm curious to know how Wake's stadium and atmosphere rank in the college soccer world.

It really is hard to imagine a better atmosphere for college soccer than what you experience at Spry. Spoke with a couple of IU fans and they were quite impressed with the facility and the crowd. And IU is one of the blue bloods of college soccer. Oh yeah, our team is pretty good, too!

Don't know shit about soccer but my son (13) and I went for the first time and had a blast. Will def. be back. I'm curious to know how Wake's stadium and atmosphere rank in the college soccer world.
We have a great atmosphere and loyal following, but the crowd size yesterday was due to the freshman orientation "Taste of Winston Salem" event in the adjoining field. The crowd wont be that full again until we play Carolina/Duke, and then when we host tournament play. Not to say it will be empty, we have great attendance.

Back