Page 1 of 26 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: WF Men's Soccer 2018 In-Season Thread

WF Men's Soccer 2018 In-Season Thread

As requested, here is the in-season WF Soccer Thread for the 2018 season.

WF scrimmaged Furman yesterday and tied the Purple Paladins 4-4. Link: http://www.wakeforestsports.com/spor...081218aaa.html

First regular season game is Saturday at home against Loyola (MD) - where Skip and Dino coached.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    As requested, here is the in-season WF Soccer Thread for the 2018 season.

WF scrimmaged Furman yesterday and tied the Purple Paladins 4-4. Link: http://www.wakeforestsports.com/spor...081218aaa.html

First regular season game is Saturday at home against Loyola (MD) - where Skip and Dino coached.
    Official Wake website begs to differ slightly. Loyola (MD) listed as an exhibition game.

"Wake Forest returns home for another exhibition against Loyola Maryland on Aug. 18 before opening the regular season against No. 2 Indiana on Aug. 24. "

Correction appreciated. BTW, any reason for concern with the 4-4 result at Furman or are college exhibitions games meaningless?
    Last edited by Pilchard; 08-13-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Last year we also tied Furman in the preseason.

Correction appreciated. BTW, any reason for concern with the 4-4 result at Furman or are college exhibitions games meaningless?

Preseason, particularly for a team like Wake, is about getting a look at players in game situations, not necessarily about winning. Wake noted that they played 21! guys, including 3 goal keepers. Not likely to see three keepers in a game that counts, barring a really unusual set of injuries.

Muuss commented, "Everyone who was healthy played at least 30 minutes," Muuss added. "We have a lot to figure out in terms of having our best players in the best spots at the right time of the match."

Wake probably got something close to Furman's best shot.

quick recap of who we lost from last year's team?

Scooter Banks
    Freshman Isaiah Parente scored twice. That seems like a good sign.
    le bone

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Preseason, particularly for a team like Wake, is about getting a look at players in game situations, not necessarily about winning. Wake noted that they played 21! guys, including 3 goal keepers. Not likely to see three keepers in a game that counts, barring a really unusual set of injuries.

Muuss commented, "Everyone who was healthy played at least 30 minutes," Muuss added. "We have a lot to figure out in terms of having our best players in the best spots at the right time of the match."

Wake probably got something close to Furman's best shot.
    Dunwell, Cases-Mundet and several other probably starters didn't start.

means dick -- tons of experimentation going on
    Football. Bloody Hell.

Cases Mundet
    DeShields
    DeZart
    Dunwell
    Fernandez
    Folds
    Gdula
    Holcomb
    Lapa
    McMaster
    Raben

Staring XI tonight. I would guess this right now is strongest XI, which obviously a different XI from Furman.

Deacs up early. If teams think they’re going to come in and by physical and disrupt our game, I think this team might not be one that’s going to struggle with physicality.

Big game tonight against #2 Indiana.

In for tonight w/ my son!

A Young Go-Hard
    Coming tonight with my wife and daughter, this will my daughters first ever Wake sporting event!
    Draxx them sklounst

A Young Go-Hard
    Indiana defense dominating pace of play, we have 0 shots this half. Definitely not the Wake soccer i'm used to.
    Last edited by myDeaconmyhand; 08-24-2018 at 08:24 PM.
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Indiana defense dominating pace of play, we have 0 shots this half. Definitely not the Wake soccer i'm used to.
    Missing on a lot of passes forward.

A Young Go-Hard
    lol i definitely screamed at that goal and made her cry
    Draxx them sklounst

A Young Go-Hard
    D1 college soccer might be the only major sport where a live game can be slowed down by a little confused kid running around with the game ball.
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    D1 college soccer might be the only major sport where a live game can be slowed down by a little confused kid running around with the game ball.
    What about our basketball team?

A Young Go-Hard
    Hell yeah! Deacs win in double OT
    Draxx them sklounst