• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has the men's basketball program now, finally, hit ROCK BOTTOM?

Have we finally arrived?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This thread is for the birds

Fuck birds

KXr.gif

I just think we are measuring two different experiences. Technically rock bottom is a measure of straight-down depth, which IMO occurred during Bz’s tenure. Now it’s more about the duration of the pain rather than its depth.

Our program plunged off a cliff w Bz, which we all saw coming but it was still a shock. Yet we had hope that it could be swiftly revived with the right new hire. That was a piercing pain but laced with hope.

The Manning pain is more about a long slow grieving process... anger, bargaining, etc. So for me it’s no longer a piercing agony, just a prolonged disappointed ache. (Mainly because WFU hoops is something I want to share with my kids and I feel that joy has been stolen from us.) It doesn’t seem to be getting better. Some are in the acceptance stage that it never will. I’m not there yet, but inching closer.

Of course I wrote all of this just after suggesting we get back to birds, so let me reintroduce that theme: I believe our hoops team is made up solely of crows, because a group of crows is called a murder. Sadly I’m only referring to the death of our program, and hate that that term has double meaning because of an actual death currently overshadowing it.

I just think we are measuring two different experiences. Technically rock bottom is a measure of straight-down depth, which IMO occurred during Bz’s tenure. Now it’s more about the duration of the pain rather than its depth.

Our program plunged off a cliff w Bz, which we all saw coming but it was still a shock. Yet we had hope that it could be swiftly revived with the right new hire. That was a piercing pain but laced with hope.

The Manning pain is more about a long slow grieving process... anger, bargaining, etc. So for me it’s no longer a piercing agony, just a prolonged disappointed ache. (Mainly because WFU hoops is something I want to share with my kids and I feel that joy has been stolen from us.) It doesn’t seem to be getting better. Some are in the acceptance stage that it never will. I’m not there yet, but inching closer.

Of course I wrote all of this just after suggesting we get back to birds, so let me reintroduce that theme: I believe our hoops team is made up solely of crows, because a group of crows is called a murder. Sadly I’m only referring to the death of our program, and hate that that term has double meaning because of an actual death currently overshadowing it.

Oh I fully agree that y’all have reached rock bottom (I hope).

I get the pessimism, I even share it some time. But the hopelessness y’all express on here day after day is getting pathetic.

If Manning fails to land a top 200 recruit in 2019, goes 8-22, and Wellman keeps him around then maybe the situation will call for it. Until then, lighten the fuck up.

I get the pessimism, I even share it some time. But the hopelessness y’all express on here day after day is getting pathetic.

If Manning fails to land a top 200 recruit in 2019, goes 8-22, and Wellman keeps him around then maybe the situation will call for it. Until then, lighten the fuck up.

Dude I just agreed with you that rock bottom was Bz.

RNotChill telling the rest of us to lighten up. The Official Gatekeeper(TM) of all board opinions and emotions.

RChill telling someone to lighten up. Ah, just beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

*Italian chef kiss of the fingers*

1 year in college basketball is a blip now. Everything else is your new normal until it changes.

This take is so fucking stupid, I’m not sure why I continue to bother with it. If you took a poll of coaches, analysts, recruits, donors, former players, hardcore college basketball fans, and anyone else with a passing knowledge of Wake Forest basketball, over 90% would say that rock bottom for Wake (at least to date) occurred sometime in the [Redacted] era.

Being a wake fan is miserable enough, no need to exaggerate it like some hysterical child.

So much for reasoned arguments. Let's agree that you are an idiot.

Finally common ground.

You admit to sharing our pessimism sometimes, and called being a Wake fan “miserable enough,” yet you want to lecture us on how we should feel. Like you’re the one who sets the parameters for how frustrated a fellow fan can be. Please tell me you see this absurdity. Or just cop out and claim that you are trolling because it’s fun.

Pop psychology time. You have issues bro. But don’t we all.

Then leave. No one is stopping you.

You admit to sharing our pessimism sometimes, and called being a Wake fan “miserable enough,” yet you want to lecture us on how we should feel. Like you’re the one who sets the parameters for how frustrated a fellow fan can be. Please tell me you see this absurdity. Or just cop out and claim that you are trolling because it’s fun.

No lecture, but when you act like an 8th grade girl I’m going to call you out.

This shit is definitely fun, but I don’t post shit I don’t believe. The fact that I can do both on here certainly adds to the enjoyment.

Nah, being right is a power trip. I’ve been saying the same shit since 2015 and y’all keep coming back. I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t fun.

You're actually seldom right and you're a fucking asshole. Outside of that, everyone loves you. I actually know who you are. Which makes this far, far funnier for me.

You're actually seldom right and you're a fucking asshole. Outside of that, everyone loves you. I actually know who you are. Which makes this far, far funnier for me.

Which makes it all the more hilarious that y’all spend all your time pointing out what an asshole I am on here (no shit) rather than pointing out how wrong I am.

It takes two, maybe three, questions before y’all run and hide.

Which makes it all the more hilarious that y’all spend all your time pointing out what an asshole I am on here (no shit) rather than pointing out how wrong I am.

It takes two, maybe three, questions before y’all run and hide.

Or 36 questions, or 118, or whatever

Football School..need your Oracle remind you of his most prescient vision?

I think y’all are confusing me making fun of you for how your feelings are causing you to act with me telling you what you are allowed to feel. You can feel however you want about Wake Basketball and you can post whatever you want based on those feelings. Others can respond how they see fit. That’s how a message board usually works.

I can create a safe space thread for Wake Basketball feelings until March if y’all would like.

Back