• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has the men's basketball program now, finally, hit ROCK BOTTOM?

Have we finally arrived?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seizures

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Give it a couple of years. After Hoard goes pro and all we are left with is a bunch of transfers and Manning's coaching chops, we will be close.

Rock bottom will be the next contract extension after that. That is when all hope will be extinguished.

Hang on for a couple more years of digging and we can begin the upward climb.

Give it a couple of years. After Hoard goes pro and all we are left with is a bunch of transfers and Manning's coaching chops, we will be close.

Rock bottom will be the next contract extension after that. That is when all hope will be extinguished.

Hang on for a couple more years of digging and we can begin the upward climb.

you forgot to mention preferred walk-ons.

I think rock bottom will come some point toward the end of the 2019/2020 season.

As long as Ronnie Fucking Wellman is in charge, this ship isn't close to hitting rock bottom yet. Fuck you Ronnie!

I voted no. It was worse under he whose name must not be mentioned. I at least like Danny and have a great appreciation for his career, and I'm sad he hasn't been able to succeed here.

Jamil Jones' choice of late night activities doesn't move the needle that much for overall basketball team situation.

It's not as bad as when Danny was hired. It sucks and Danny needs almost a miracle to keep his job after this year, but it's not as bad as when he took the job.

It's not as bad as when Danny was hired. It sucks and Danny needs almost a miracle to keep his job after this year, but it's not as bad as when he took the job.

Manning and [Redacted] have almost identical win/loss percentages over a four year period. How are things so much better?

I voted no. It was worse under he whose name must not be mentioned. I at least like Danny and have a great appreciation for his career, and I'm sad he hasn't been able to succeed here.

Buzz was more unlikable, but going on events and metrics this might be the lowest point. At least Buzz was trending up after year 4 we can't say the same about Manning.

Maybe there isn’t a rock bottom. We might just be doomed to drift aimlessly at the bottom of a P5 conference like Rutgers, DePaul, and Northwestern. We’ll make the tournament once in a blue moon and it’s the basement otherwise. It’s very possible that we will have just one NCAA Tournament win in a decade and it was by a guy who was fired because “he couldn’t win in the postseason” and “culture.” Just think about that for a second.

Maybe there isn’t a rock bottom. We might just be doomed to drift aimlessly at the bottom of a P5 conference like Rutgers, DePaul, and Northwestern. We’ll make the tournament once in a blue moon and it’s the basement otherwise. It’s very possible that we will have just one NCAA Tournament win in a decade and it was by a guy who was fired because “he couldn’t win in the postseason” and “culture.” Just think about that for a second.

The we will never be good again theory, ill buy it.

Back