• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 OFFICIAL Fantasy Football Thread

Any thoughts on Philly's RB situation? With Ajayi out, who's the better add, Smallwood or Clement? I was leaning Smallwood due to potential goal line carries and Clement's nagging injuries, but I don't follow the Iggles very closely.

fwiw, I had the choice of Smallwood/Clement in my league & chose Clement. Mainly because he was higher on the depth chart than Smallwood before injury & he's more of a 3 down back than Smalls. I think Sproles would be a better pick up long term if you can hold him for a couple of weeks until he's 100%.

I also picked up Alfred Morris for this week because Breida is likely out for 1-2 weeks.

This week is very confusing. Need two flex (weird I know) out of the following ridiculous deep, but mediocre, bench. .5 PPR.

Alshon @ NYG
A Jones vs SF
A Robinson @ MIA
Peterson vs CAR
Cobb vs SF
Clement @ NYG

Probably leaning Alshon and ARob at the moment, I guess, but both have tough matchups. Tough to trust Jones with the way the Packers are (aren't) using him, Peterson did nothing and got hurt vs NO, Cobb has been hurt, and who knows how the Eagles backfield will work out.

For everyone picking up RBs and talking about them...

who the fuck are you sitting to play them? Either your team is shit to have to play these afterthoughts or you are just stockpiling 2nd rate options.

I never got the obsession with grabbing the bench guy after a pseudo good RB1 went down. Like Morris for Breida, for example. Who the fuck would anybody be sitting to start Alfred fucking Morris?

This is just silly.

Some people play in deeper leagues. They also have players on bye weeks. Some people like to ride a player who will likely get more touches like Blue last week.

Yeah, with a 12 person league, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and 2 Flexes, pretty much every team is playing someone "second rate" each week once the byes and injuries start.

For everyone picking up RBs and talking about them...

who the fuck are you sitting to play them? Either your team is shit to have to play these afterthoughts or you are just stockpiling 2nd rate options.

I never got the obsession with grabbing the bench guy after a pseudo good RB1 went down. Like Morris for Breida, for example. Who the fuck would anybody be sitting to start Alfred fucking Morris?

This is just silly.

I guess there are no injuries in your league. I lost McKinnon & Fournette to injury & drafted Ronald Jones before his stock completely dropped. I'm also in a 12 person league with 9 bench spots so the RB talent is spread thin. My other options for week 6 RB's are Dion Lewis @ BAL, a banged up Adrian Peterson @ CAR (4 .2 points last week), or Tarik Cohen @ MIA. With no other real RB in play for SF, Morris may be a 2nd rate option but he will likely garner 1st rate touches.

BTW, my shit team is currently 3rd because I have made moves like this. I got double digits from Alfred Blue ina similar situation last week. So unless you're 1st or 2nd in my league, STFU.

I have played in my main league for 10 or 11 years and never made the playoffs. I suck at drafting and evaluating who I think will be good. Somehow I've dumb-lucked my way into by far the first place team in the league, just dominating people. I expect 3 of my RBs to tear ACLs in the next few weeks.

Buddy of mine is a fantasy insider and texted me this morning to pick up Blue. I should have started him.

Not an insider by any means, but I don't anticipate Houston having big plans for Blue. D'Onta Foreman is coming off injury in Week 7 and has more upside-I might add him tomorrow if Dalvin Cook is cleared (thereby letting me safely cut Latavius Murray).

Yeah. It was a one week pick up and stash. If I had started him, I would have won more comfortably. He would have been a nice replacement for Cook and I assume he was a great daily play for my friend.

How do y’all feel about Aaron Jones (v SF), Tevin Coleman (v TB) Isaiah Crowell (v IND), and Dalvin Cook (v AZ) this week? Favorable matchups, but I’m having trouble picking two.

What do y’all think?

I tried to trade for d cook this week. I think he's about to take off

How do y’all feel about Aaron Jones (v SF), Tevin Coleman (v TB) Isaiah Crowell (v IND), and Dalvin Cook (v AZ) this week? Favorable matchups, but I’m having trouble picking two.

What do y’all think?

I'd go Cook and Coleman from that list. If Lamar Miller or Cooper Kupp are late inactives, I'll be starting Cook and Crowell (assuming Crowell is not also inactive).

Do I start Mixon or Tevin Coleman? Both are the only guys running today, but I feel Pittsburgh's D might curtail Mixon.

Snowing in Denver.

Demaryius Thomas might not be a play now. Him, or Enunwa, Lockett or put Ekeler at the flex?

Cook is inactive after warmups.

Dagger to my lineup with Ingram and Thomas on bye.

Should I replace him with Gabriel or Blue?

Was so excited to have Jax D entering this week thinking the Boys wouldn't be able to move the ball. Also picked up Maher thinking even when the ball moves they'll kick FGs.

Nailed it, 100%. Yet again.

Back