• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 OFFICIAL Fantasy Football Thread

deacondamo

El Jefe
Reaction score
Is Saquon the real deal? Will Wentz return to pre-injury levels? Is Gronk done?

This is the thread for all of your FF questions/needs.

Question No. 1. - In a league forced to take keepers, do you like Kelce in the beginning of Round 3 (#27 overall) or Tevin Coleman in Round 4 (#46 overall). Keep in mind that each team gets two keepers one from Rounds 1-7 and one from Rounds 8-14 (which would include all players picked up off the wire last year). Another option is OBJ at #3 overall but I'm not crazy about that. Non-PPR league.

Kelce is the only close to value of those three, and it is roughly where he would be picked anyway. With the 46th pick, you should still be able to get a 1A type running back instead of a 1B/2.

Kelce is the only close to value of those three, and it is roughly where he would be picked anyway. With the 46th pick, you should still be able to get a 1A type running back instead of a 1B/2.

Yeah, that's my thought as well. If I want a WR, Brown is probably available at #3 anyway. OBJ getting injured last year hosed me.

Wentz is my 14th round pick, which is nice.

So who is going in the #1 RB in NYJ, Cle, Ind, Was (now that Guice is done), GB & Det?

So who is going in the #1 RB in NYJ, Cle, Ind, Was (now that Guice is done), GB & Det?

Crowell / Hyde / Mack / Thompson / Montgomery / Johnson - those are how I am assuming the lead back falls out and how I am drafting (or top point scorer in Thompsons case).

Wentz, what do you think? I can keep him as a round 11 pick. I was thinking, hell yeah, but now concerned that he will not start the season.

Here's the roster from last year. .5 PPR

We can take up to 3 keepers (don't have to keep a certain number), with the draft round cost listed. If I keep 2 7th round keepers, I would spend my 6th and 7th round pick for them, cant keep both round 1 picks.

I'm drafting 7th in a 12 team league with an S curve draft

Lost in the championship with this team.

LeSean McCoy (RB) 1
Rob Gronkowski (TE) 1
Alshon Jeffery (WR) 2
Jarvis Landry (WR) 3
CJ Anderson (RB) 4
Jamison Crowder (WR) 4
Stefon Diggs (WR) 5
Russell Wilson (QB) 6
Theo Riddick (RB) 7
Hunter Henry (TE) 7
Orleans Darkwa (RB) 7
Rishard Matthews (WR) 7
Case Keenum (QB) 7
Chris Thompson (RB) 7
Graham Gano (K) 7
PITT Def 7
ATL Def 7

Thinking Gronk in the 1st, Diggs in the 5th (with a cousins boost hopefully), and Wilson in the 6th.

McCoy was the workhorse last year, but with the charges, turnover in his OLine and a new system with a new QB, not sure how he'll work out. He'll get a lot of carries, but not sure he'll stay healthy or be all that productive.

Any other thoughts?

I like Diggs this year more than last. I think Thielen is fine but he had a special relationship with Keenum last year and won't be as productive going forward. Also think Minnesota thought the same thing and that's why they showed Diggs the money.

I like McCoy if the Bills bite the bullet and start Allen. I've never been a McCarron fan, and I don't think they'll move the ball at all with him at QB. Allen could have a lot of rookie picks, but they'll move it better with him than with Peterman or McCarron.

I like Diggs this year more than last. I think Thielen is fine but he had a special relationship with Keenum last year and won't be as productive going forward. Also think Minnesota thought the same thing and that's why they showed Diggs the money.

I like McCoy if the Bills bite the bullet and start Allen. I've never been a McCarron fan, and I don't think they'll move the ball at all with him at QB. Allen could have a lot of rookie picks, but they'll move it better with him than with Peterman or McCarron.

But VORP. using a first on Gronk and getting an RB in the second (19th pick) v. getting a TE later. Kelce would be a 3rd rd keeper and will probably be off the table. When healthy, Gronk would be more reliable targets and production over other TE.

But VORP. using a first on Gronk and getting an RB in the second (19th pick) v. getting a TE later. Kelce would be a 3rd rd keeper and will probably be off the table. When healthy, Gronk would be more reliable targets and production over other TE.

I wasn't sure how you league works or anything. Just saying I think Diggs #s will go up, and he'll be more valuable than Thielen, and I still think Shady will retain his value if he is playing with a QB who can move the ball.

I wasn't sure how you league works or anything. Just saying I think Diggs #s will go up, and he'll be more valuable than Thielen, and I still think Shady will retain his value if he is playing with a QB who can move the ball.

I agree, using a 5th round pick for Diggs is a great steal for this year.

After some reflection, I think that I am only going to keep Diggs and Wilson this year. I should be able to get better value from the 7th pick than either Gronk or McCoy (either of whom could easily be available still at the 18th pick, especially Gronk)

So, I effectively have the #2 pick after keepers. At least 2 out of Melvin Gordon, Saquan Barkley, and Fournette will be available. Is Barkley for real? Right now I'm thinking the ranking is:

1)Gordon
2)Barkley
3)Fournette

but am open to hearing arguments for Fournette to move up.

Btw, he's how our draft shakes out:

44136163881_6ed3ed9f0f_c.jpg

Last edited:
Personally, I have those RB's as 1) Barkley 2) Fournette (favorable game script) 3) Gordon. I think this time next year, Barkley will be in the top class of Bell, Johnson, and EE; where Fournette and Gordon are good backs in the next tier.

Last edited:
Had the 3rd pick and went Barkley — Gurley and Johnson taken above me, Elliott, Bell and Brown were keeper picks. Hope it works out.

So.. inherited a team in a somewhat serious league with the in-laws. 0.5 PPR / keeper / Auction. Last year's $$ is what your keeper goes for this year.

Keep 2:
P. Rivers
L. McCoy
J. Howard
M. Evans
B. Cooks
E. Engram
A. Thielen
I. Crowell
K. Cousins
R. Burkhead
L. Blount
Marlon Mack (?)

Since I'm taking over a team everything resets and I can keep a player for 3 years. Leaning McCoy/Howard but could be convinced otherwise. Evans let me down last year and i'm thinking Thielen regresses. Cooks?

Should add we get $200 to spend. Shady is $54, Evans $47, Howard $20, Cooks $39, rest are low value.

I would only keep Howard and try to buy the rest at a lower price. How much for Thielen, Burkehead, and Engram?

Wentz, what do you think? I can keep him as a round 11 pick. I was thinking, hell yeah, but now concerned that he will not start the season.

Round 11? while you’ll need a back up, that’s a home run.

Back