• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bundesliga 2019-20 thread

I'm interested to see how Hoffenheim performs this season, in both the Bundesliga and the Champions League. I love their style of play. Will losing Serge Gnabry hurt them?

nein.png

Should be a really fun league - the race for the CL spots should be awesome, with Schalke and Leipzig both substantially weakened in the summer (potentially) and up to 9 or even 10 teams having an outside shot at least of grabbing one of those spots. The relegation battle is also going to be nuts. It's a really deep league and quite even from #2 all the way to #18.

#1 though - that's Bayern. They are going to win the league by a fucking mile.

I'm interested to see how Hoffenheim performs this season, in both the Bundesliga and the Champions League. I love their style of play. Will losing Serge Gnabry hurt them?

If that is the question then I’m not sure why we care about the answer.

If that is the question then I’m not sure why we care about the answer.

I mean Bayern is going to walk the league again this year. Not sure what other questions there are, other than how the American players will fair. I enjoy watching middle of the pack Bundesliga games more than most EPL games, which is why I keep an eye on teams like Hoffenheim. If you don't care then I'm not quite sure why you commented..

Just got this notification from ESPN on my phone:

Watch Live: Christian Pulisic and Julian Green start for their respective teams as Dortmund take on Greuther Furth in DFB-Pokal

Pass.

I mean Bayern is going to walk the league again this year. Not sure what other questions there are, other than how the American players will fair. I enjoy watching middle of the pack Bundesliga games more than most EPL games, which is why I keep an eye on teams like Hoffenheim. If you don't care then I'm not quite sure why you commented..

I'm saying that if losing Serge Gnabry is a concern for a team then I doubt they will factor much in the league.

I'm saying that if losing Serge Gnabry is a concern for a team then I doubt they will factor much in the league.

Gotcha. He had a decent season last year, 10 goals and 5 assists in 22 apps for Hoffenheim. Bayern liked him enough to sign him. A few of his goals were absolutely magnificent, you should check out his season highlights.

Just got this notification from ESPN on my phone:

Watch Live: Christian Pulisic and Julian Green start for their respective teams as Dortmund take on Greuther Furth in DFB-Pokal

Pass.
Reus with the 120th minute winner, was a really good match.

I love how the DfB makes the Bundesliga clubs play the first round of the cup away from home. Leads to some crazy scenes and means most smaller clubs get one special fan experience every season.

My yearly reminder - if you are an English speaking Bundesliga fan, or even just interested in learning more ... I cannot recommend the Talking Fußball Podcast highly enough. It's probably better than most of the German language coverage, as well.

http://talkingfussball.com

Back