• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bundesliga 2019-20 thread

What a third for Dortmund! Beautiful outswinging corner from PuliSICK! to MY DANE, Thomas Delaney, who crushes a header that forces a tremendous save by RB's keeper...and it's calmly bicycled in from short range by Witsel. BOOM!

Cool article on Leverkusen's sporting director (formerly head scout) about the evolution of scouting in Germany and abroad.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/24/sports/soccer/bayer-leverkusen-bundesliga.html

I will probably watch a lot of Leipzig and Leverkusen this year. They both got smoked this weekend, but I think will be among the best/most fun to watch. Leverkusen ran out Alario, Volland, Brandt, Bailey, and Havertz (playing deeper), so that will be interesting to watch. I've got a lot of time for Bailey, Brandt, and Havertz. I was a little surprised to see that there are rumors they might be selling Benjamin Henrichs to Monaco, but maybe Monaco think he can do a Fabinho (he has played a lot of central midfield, but is mostly an outside back at the moment).

I'm interested to see how Hoffenheim performs this season, in both the Bundesliga and the Champions League. I love their style of play. Will losing Serge Gnabry hurt them?

Nagelsmann being a lame duck coach might be a little weird (he's already signed for Leipzig for next season), but I thought they were toast in terms of qualifying at some point last year and he got them playing good shit, so I think he is legit.

Tedesco at Schalke is another fun, young coach to watch.

Nagelsmann being a lame duck coach might be a little weird (he's already signed for Leipzig for next season), but I thought they were toast in terms of qualifying at some point last year and he got them playing good shit, so I think he is legit.

Tedesco at Schalke is another fun, young coach to watch.

He looked pretty damn interested during the Bayern match. Hoffenheim looked very good for the most part of that match.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think he will check out, but if they are out of Champions League/Europa second half of the season, and suddenly dudes are trying to put it all out there for a guy who won't be part of determining their future, I could see some issues arising. But he seems like he has his shit together, so he'll probably be fine.

Chicago Fire play Bayern today in Munich. Schweinsteiger playing one half with each team.

Hopefully Bayern will let him play something besides the CB he's been forced to play in Chicago the last month or so.

Chicago Fire play Bayern today in Munich. Schweinsteiger playing one half with each team.

Hopefully Bayern will let him play something besides the CB he's been forced to play in Chicago the last month or so.

Saw the pics on insta yesterday, that was a really cool gesture from Bayern.

Hertha take down Bayern.

Liverpool loanee Marko Grujic had been playing well for Hertha, but messed up his ankle last week so is out for a while.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/bor...can-make-statement-as-bayern-munich-struggles

Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

maxresdefault.jpg

Anyone catch the end of Dortmund/Augsburg? Heard it was bonkers. Looking forward to seeing Sancho with England coming up.

It appears that Pulisic has been permanently relegated to the bench for Dortmund. The good news is that MY DANES continue to shine for BVB, with Thomas Delaney heading home a Reus free kick for a 1-0 lead.

McKennie forced to play as solo striker up front due to Bergstaller going off with an injury and their others CFs all being out hurt.

I imagine Pulisic will come on around the 60th minute mark for Sancho or Larson with Champions League coming up this midweek. I think he's been suffering with little injuries, so I wouldn't write him off yet. The announcers have both said that Larson hasn't done much lately and that if Pulisic is healthy he should be given a run at his win spot.

Defo not a penalty on Reus, it should have been even more clear after looking at VAR, but as neutral I'll take it as it should make the game more interesting.

1-1 in the Revierderby with 30 mins to go! Gotta think Pulisic comes on soon.

Back