• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bundesliga 2019-20 thread

He’s better than Moise Kean will be

I'll take that bet. Although I don't see either being a world beater.

Kean (when playing well) is a true striker which is still a very coveted and rare skill set. Lookman is a dribbly inside forward/inverted winger who can score sometimes, of which there are 5000 in the soccer world.

I think I'm on team Moise on that one, but it will be interesting to follow. Good for both of them for stepping out to other places at young ages.

lol

guess you missed the memo where :thumbsup: is just gentle ribbing

calm down, son. i dont give a shit what you do or do not know about Erling Haaland. it was just a joke.

I haven’t had my coffee yet. And I’m losing money on the other bundesliga game. My apologies.

Adams off for Sabitzer.

Welp what started as a promising day has turned to crap for our Young Americans

Reyna injured in warm ups
McKennie getting drubbed
Adams subbed off losing 1-0

Would switch to Brooks and Wolfsburg if I could

Also I'm formally renouncing my Schalke fandom. Moving back to being a Bundesliga free agent/USMNT fan boi.

McKennie was not put in a position to succeed today

Welp what started as a promising day has turned to crap for our Young Americans

Reyna injured in warm ups
McKennie getting drubbed
Adams subbed off losing 1-0

Would switch to Brooks and Wolfsburg if I could

Also I'm formally renouncing my Schalke fandom. Moving back to being a Bundesliga free agent/USMNT fan boi.

My extended family in Gelsenkirchen aren’t happy with this. They’ve sent me a hoodie and some t shirts over the years so I’ve always supported them. Veltins Arena is pretty damn cool too.

McKennie was not put in a position to succeed today

True while I was watching Weston was one of their best players.

Also Adams is just so wasted out on the wing. Thought he was okay but not going to be the driving wing back that's needed to play this way. But I guess you can't really play him anywhere else in this possession based 3-4-3/3-5-2 system. There is no DM.

VAR controversy in stoppage time in Leipzig!

Freiburg player who set up goal of the free kick did appear offside.

Whelp seems like its up to Dortmund now to slay Bayern, Leipzig shit the bed again.

Really not a a fan of this system Nagelsmann is playing. Go back to the high pressing 4-2-2-2/diamond. Three in the back doesn't suit this side (nor Adams).

I couldn't concentrate and just kind of spaced out for both 2nd halves. Oh well. Bayern just going to cruise to the title again, I guess.

Did anyone else's Dortmund feed get dropped?

Knutson is mostly right on that re: RB, but everyone still has their misses. I'm in the middle of a serious Knutson/StatsBomb backlash, though. I think Knutson actually knows less about soccer than any of the other cats associated with that place, past and present.

I like the numbers and the graphics a lot, and think they're useful. But I don't think those guys know as much as they put on.

if they did, they would be snatched up by a club.

Several of them have been snatched up by clubs but they’re also making bank consulting or selling services

Ted is very annoying

He’s neither the best analyst nor the best coder

But he’s been a good CEO

There are still a lot of stupid clubs who would likely benefit from some of what the StatsBomb guys (or the analytics field in general) have to offer. The clubs with enough cash who have invested in the department have likely left them in the dust in terms of what they're measuring/valuing and stuff like that. That's where I fall on it. It's fun to look at for me and I think adds something to my own overall enjoyment of following along.

Yeah I think that’s it. The statsbomb guys have said on the pod that in club operations have access to training, nutrition, all sorts of data they’ll never get too. I think they’re close to best in class for the niche they occupy though.

Went for a jog and came back to see my man Thuram bagged one! Nice.

Back