• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bundesliga 2019-20 thread

No Havertz today for the Bayer/Bayern match, the COWARD Timo Werner and his coward ears choosing Chelsea — what’s a person to do? I might have to exercise and just watch BVB/Hertha later, but probably nah.

Not so fast my friend, I say to myself, as Alario puts Bayer up 1-0.

King with a great finish. No sure how Lewy gets a yellow there but we’re without him and Muller next week on yellow card accumulation.

Yeah, Bayer are too open to have a chance with this one. Goretzka and Gnabry to make it 1-3 very quickly. Bosz teams are so soft.

Upamecano gets sent in other match for his 2nd yellow (kicking the ball away - not smart), but RB are still up 1-0 through Schick via Werner, who had just a few minutes earlier not passed to Schick in a very similar approach.

Yeah, Bayer are too open to have a chance with this one. Goretzka and Gnabry to make it 1-3 very quickly. Bosz teams are so soft.

Upamecano gets sent in other match for his 2nd yellow (kicking the ball away - not smart), but RB are still up 1-0 through Schick via Werner, who had just a few minutes earlier not passed to Schick in a very similar approach.

They’re going to have to press and play a higher line now and go for it in the second half which falls into our plans nicely. They had a solid first 5-10 minutes then it seemed like the boys finally found their legs. What Flick has done with this team since taking over is nothing short of remarkable. We’re a completely different team and the mentality is so much better.

Haven’t seen any other game but the stats seem like RB is struggling and Frankfurt continues their shitshow

Even with losing Timo, RB still could be a pretty good force next year in part to the Umpamacano Konate connection. Both are so damn good and it looks like both will probably stick around another year. The obvious question is where RB finds the goals that they’re losing with Timo.

Wait, I misread this, umpa is off which makes that match incredibly interesting.

Yeah, it's a bit of a bummer that Konate has been hurt a bunch, but Klostermann and Mukiele - who has played there a bit - (and Orban) are a good, fast, rotation to have at centerback. I'm a big fan of the three Frenchies and Klostermann (all those guys are very very fast), and Orban is fine enough as veteran, experienced cover.

RB pushing back a little today on the Werner rumors, so who knows, but speculation I had read was that they might be in for Rashica if/when they sell Werner, and they still would need a permanent deal for Schick. They'll definitely need Lookman/Nkunku/Olmo to make the leap and start producing g/a. Stuff seems to change hourly, though, so who knows.

Bayern def turned it around canning Kovac when they did.

Last edited:
I forgot Willi Orban is only 27. I guess in that squad that counts as older.

Paderborn equalize, Flo Wirtz gets one back for Bayer, might be the youngest ever Bundesliga scorer? I think he had a few weeks to get that.

Yep, beats Nuri Sahin by a month or so, just turned 17 on May 3rd.

Paderborn equalize, Flo Wirtz gets one back for Bayer, might be the youngest ever Bundesliga scorer? I think he had a few weeks to get that.

Great goal as well, well deserved.

I’d be shocked if this wasn’t Timos last year there. They are a dark horse for the CL and could pose a bunch of problems for a lot of sides and had a decent league campaign. His contract is also up in ‘23 if I’m not mistaken so this is probably when they’ll get the most for him (yeah there’s the release clause but you’d rather that then him potentially go on a free or under the clause). I’m not too sure how Rashica will do with the added pressure but he’ll def be leaving Bremen, too good a player to go down.

RB will still be pretty scary on the counter next year and supposing that their back line stays healthy they should be just as good defensively if not better assuming they mature some.

Feel like next summer they’re at risk of losing both umpa and konate though.

Gladbach not being able to get a point yesterday is also just so incredibly bad for their CL chances.

They have been struggling, but neither Bayer nor RB have been good enough to pull away, either. This afternoon will be interesting, Hertha has been good since the restart and no Haaland for BVB. Dortmund going with a back 3 of Akanji, Emre Can, and Piszczek would not intimidate me. I think that might be Emre Can's best position, actually, but he's never played there regularly, and probably not for a long time, either. Short Burki in goal, Big Marko Grujic coming off a set piece goal -- I can see something similar happen.

I know it's been said before, but really confused as to what Schalke was even trying to do this year in terms of the attack. Like, who did they think was going to score? I've been on the Wagner-fraud train for a bit, but, yeah, I'm not sure what anyone thought was going to happen with that squad. They've got like two dudes who have ever gotten double digits in a season in their career.

They have been struggling, but neither Bayer nor RB have been good enough to pull away, either. This afternoon will be interesting, Hertha has been good since the restart and no Haaland for BVB. Dortmund going with a back 3 of Akanji, Emre Can, and Piszczek would not intimidate me. I think that might be Emre Can's best position, actually, but he's never played there regularly, and probably not for a long time, either. Short Burki in goal, Big Marko Grujic coming off a set piece goal -- I can see something similar happen.

For me I put RB and Bayer on a bit of a different level, or at least hold them with a bit more regard than Gladbach right now. Which after looking at the league games against the top 5, I guess it's trueish: Bayer: 11 points off 8 games, RB: 9 points off 7 games (have Dortmund the second to last game) and Gladbach have 7 points off of 7 games with Bayern up next. I think the thing for me with Gladbach is they seem to just not be able to step up for the big moment. They beat Bayern on a late Javi mistake and 5 games later in a crucial game in the Europa League completely shit the bed and lose when all they needed was a draw to advance to the next leg. They bow out of the DFB in the second round at home to Dortmund, the first Brandt goal was deflected twice but he had an incredible amount of space at the top of the box and then somehow goes completely unmarked directly in front of the goal and wins the game with a header.

Bayer and RB have both just been super inconsistent all year. Bayer did about as good as they could have in the CL group and could be a handful for United, Inter and Roma. They didn't fly through the DFB Pokal but should have themselves a spot in the finals.

RB did well in the CL group and could easily be a dark horse favorite to win it all. However, they looked like hot shit throughout the entire DFB Pokal and were played evenly and struggled significantly against a team in the relegation fight in Bundesliga 2.

In my mind I see RB getting at least 7 points, Bayer getting at least 7 points but most likely 8, and Gladbach getting at least 4 but with Bayer, Wolfsburg, Paderborn and Hertha as their last 4 theres a real chance they only get 3.

I know it's been said before, but really confused as to what Schalke was even trying to do this year in terms of the attack. Like, who did they think was going to score? I've been on the Wagner-fraud train for a bit, but, yeah, I'm not sure what anyone thought was going to happen with that squad. They've got like two dudes who have ever gotten double digits in a season in their career.

Absolutely no fucking clue, the last time they had 3 goals in a game in the league was November 9th. They're in a really really awkward spot going forward. Embolo was injured a lot during his time there and I feel like never really reached his ceiling but selling him in the summer and not bringing in one replacement is absurd. Hertha, Frankfurt have been right around their finishes their last few years and are in better positions going forward, shit even Wolfsburg might qualify to being in a better place. They need a lot of work.

Timmy Chandler starting at LM/LWB for Frankfurt as they take on Bayern in the DFK-Pokal (German Cup) semifinal

Just started live on ESPN. Twellman and Healey on the call.

Thanks for the reminder, totally spaced. Forgot about yesterday's too, but tuned in and it was boring and pretty much over.

There's the first! Great play by Muller, quality finish by Perisic. Been absolutely all over Frankfurt the first 15.

Back