• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bundesliga 2019-20 thread

Seems like since the restart squads have had about 60-65 minutes of a decent high level in them before getting gassed and starting to shit themselves. Both these are getting kind of open, but ugly.

I guess Llanez's stint with the Wolfsburg 1st team was short-lived. Didn't see him on the bench today.

Gd it, Bayern bayern bayern bayern blah blah blah. Great goal though, from Lewandowski's genius flick to the selflessness of Kimmich and Muller to set him back up to finish.

I don't hate them or anything, it just looked for a bit like this year might be a little tighter.

Sancho yellow carded for taking off his jersey to reveal "Justice for George Floyd" on his t-shirt after a goal

Sancho had the shirt, McKennie had a Floyd armband yesterday, and Marcus Thuram took a knee after his second goal today.

Hakimi also had a shirt

For my next Bunde/Premier comparison I may dive into Davie Selke v. Dominic Solanke.

Nevermind, Selke has actually scored a handful. Both overhyped over the years, though not terrible. I'll give it a couple of years since Solanke is three years younger.

3. Liga is fucking madness right now. There are 11 teams within 6 points of one another at the top of the league. There is a closer gap between the team in 1st and the team in 19th (of 20) than there is between Liverpool and City. 2 of the promoted clubs (Mannheim and Bayern 2) are both 1 point off of first. As a Bayern fan it went from excitement that the second team would be playing against professionals and wanting them to stay up so that the second team could continue to grow to them having a legit shot at winning the league in the first year. It's been since '03 since Manneheim has been in the second league and they have the shot to gain automatic promotion this year. Kaiserslautern continues their shitshow and will most be hanging out in 3.liga for another year. It's absolutely absurd.

Did we talk about that lower Bundesliga coaching documentary on these boards? It's from like 10 years ago or so? It was amazing. Find it if you haven't seen it, and thank you if you recommended it.

Did we talk about that lower Bundesliga coaching documentary on these boards? It's from like 10 years ago or so? It was amazing. Find it if you haven't seen it, and thank you if you recommended it.

Trainer!? Been years since I’ve seen that and now I’m adding it on my shit to do this weekend.

Yeah, that's the one. It was great. I was watching some classic Bundesliga match the other day when one of the guys profiled, Andre Schubert, was briefly in charge of Gladbach, which reminded me of it, too. I think he flamed out pretty quickly there.

Yeah, that's the one. It was great. I was watching some classic Bundesliga match the other day when one of the guys profiled, Andre Schubert, was briefly in charge of Gladbach, which reminded me of it, too. I think he flamed out pretty quickly there.

That prompted me to go back and check-in on the managers covered. Only 3 of the 10 managers profiled currently have a manager role: Klopp, Oenning (Aris - a Greek club I’ve genuinely never heard of), and Schmidt has been at Heidenheim since ‘07 earning them 3 promotions and they’re in the mix for promotion to the Bundesliga this year.

That's awesome about Schmidt, that guy seemed like a genuine, good dude. Didn't know he had stuck around with them all this time.

Bensebaïni just ended that guy with that Cruyff turn meg. Jesus.

Back