• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Q anon

Hey, I must have missed it yesterday. Is Trump President again?

Kind of looks like a clip of Benny Hinn preaching.

A mentally ill Q hero.

This is a group, along with a majority of GQP, that thinks Rittenhouse is a hero, so I am sure this guy did the Lord's work in preventing the next Pizzagate or some shit.

He allegedly came to believe his children inherited serpent DNA from his wife, so he was saving the world by killing them…

He allegedly came to believe his children inherited serpent DNA from his wife, so he was saving the world by killing them…

Kind of a different interpretation of Eve being tempted by the snake in the Garden of Eden.

Here’s the website for his business with photos of his wife and children… https://lovewatersurf.com/about-us/

W.T.F.

Has to be some significant degree of mental illness, right? Can’t just be some well dude misled by Q-type BS…right?

I guess another way to wonder about this is what percent of people might be vulnerable to such grotesque behavior when influenced by crazy conspiracy theories?

Here’s the website for his business with photos of his wife and children… https://lovewatersurf.com/about-us/

W.T.F.

Has to be some significant degree of mental illness, right? Can’t just be some well dude misled by Q-type BS…right?

I guess another way to wonder about this is what percent of people might be vulnerable to such grotesque behavior when influenced by crazy conspiracy theories?

FWIW, Bi-polar disorder comes with the elevated probability of become completely convinced of bizarre things when in a manic phase. Bi-polar can also be progressive as in you can make it to your 30s as it get progressively worse and not really know you have it until it is too late.

There are plenty of "mentally ill" people who don't kill their children. Maybe he was just an evil person who liked Q-Anon and it pushed him over the edge. I have no idea. I do know I'm tired of how people stigmatize mental illness by using it as an excuse for white men who harm other people.

I really don't know how people believe the nonsense coming out of people like Lin Wood. it boggles my mind to see how easily people can be manipulated.

Sad

There are plenty of "mentally ill" people who don't kill their children. Maybe he was just an evil person who liked Q-Anon and it pushed him over the edge. I have no idea. I do know I'm tired of how people stigmatize mental illness by using it as an excuse for white men who harm other people.

Yes. However, I don't think its usually an excuse for white men who commit terrible crimes. I think its more a natural reaction of people trying to understand how someone could do something like this. Easier in some ways to wrap your head around mental illness than someone just being evil.

Absolutely true on your third sentence.

I've had experiences where my own bi-polar daughter became fully convinced that her best fried was out to get her so my daughter brought a knife to school and bragged to another kid about what she was going to do with it. None of it made any sense, her friend had been nothing but supportive and good to my daughter, but my daughter was convinced there was some plot against her amongst their friend group. It was really scary and bizarre at how she latched on to little bits of information and seemingly inconsequential actions and comments by other kids and compiled it all into some kind of conspiracy plot against her. It was definitely delusional. (My daughter is medicated now, in therapy and doing muuuuch better.) I think that one by one these incidents with white men losing it and killing someone could be broken down to mental illness, but collectively they point to a set of larger problems with mental health care in America, perceptions of mental health, toxic masculinity culture, violence culture, gun culture and more. I honestly don't know the difference, in a case like this, between "evil" and delusional/paranoid and I hesitate to use words like evil here.

Yes. However, I don't think its usually an excuse for white men who commit terrible crimes. I think its more a natural reaction of people trying to understand how someone could do something like this. Easier in some ways to wrap your head around mental illness than someone just being evil.

It's a "natural reaction" typically used by white people to understand how white people could do something like that. Other people rarely get that type of sympathy.

I'm saying that not every - and I'd say most here - "i wonder if it was mental illness?" is a way to excuse the terrible act or create sympathy.

Back