• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Q anon

That is some seriously funny shit. My twitter feed is mostly wildlife conservation, progressive social justice, and musicians and comedians I like....for a long time it was hard to tell wether tweets in my feed were about Black Lives Matter or Bureau of land management. I’ve worked with the BLM in the past and spent a couple weeks at the BLM national Training center in Phoenix teaching classes so it was legit confusing at first.

I think it’s pretty obvious that either social media needs to end/be highly regulated or it’s the end of this country.

I think it’s pretty obvious that either social media needs to end/be highly regulated or it’s the end of this country.

I've reluctantly come to this conclusion as well. It's now painfully clear that most of these social media titans like Zuckerberg have no real interest in regulating or eliminating harmful content themselves, as they're making too much money to care. Right now you can post any shit you like, no matter how racist or fact-free or crazy, and it will gain millions of believers and followers, and it's incredibly destructive. It probably needs to be regulated along the lines that television and radio used to be (and they were regulated pretty well.) The problem, of course, is that any attempt by the government to create an agency to regulate social media would set off a backlash of epic proportions, not only from conservatives but likely from some liberal and libertarian groups as well. And any attempt would almost certainly be challenged in court under freedom of speech/freedom of the press guarantees. But yeah, some form of government regulation may be inevitable - and people like Zuckerberg will have no one but themselves to blame.

In every video that I've seen of these anti-maskers, they sound like spoiled brat children who believe that there should not be any restrictions whatsoever on their activities, no matter how much it puts others at risk. One can only imagine what these self-proclaimed patriots would do if they had lived during the Second World War and had to face food and gas rationing on the homefront. "How dare they limit me to a pound or two of hamburger and five gallons of gas a week! The government can't do this to me! Besides, the Nazis and Japanese aren't a real threat anyway!"

Last edited:
In every video that I've seen of these anti-maskers, they sound like spoiled brat children who believe that there should not be any restrictions whatsoever on their activities, no matter how much it puts others at risk.

You could just say Libertarian.

‘This is f---ing crazy’: Florida Latinos swamped by wild conspiracy theories
A flood of disinformation and deceptive claims is damaging Joe Biden in the nation’s biggest swing state.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/14/florida-latinos-disinformation-413923

Crazy stuff but it meshes with my wife’s experience in her WhatsApp group with her friends from elementary school. Most of the ones who stayed in Miami are far right and traffic all kinds of crazy conspiracies and those who left are more left leaning and think they’re crazy.

Man. So idiotic and so scary.

6e5d71a98ed985d0b4cbbfdabdf08c61.jpg

Reminds me of all the people obsessed with True detective and solving the mystery by dissecting every little detail of each episode, and in the end it turned out pretty much all their clues, their research, looking frame by frame meant absolutely shit.

Reminds me of all the people obsessed with True detective and solving the mystery by dissecting every little detail of each episode, and in the end it turned out pretty much all their clues, their research, looking frame by frame meant absolutely shit.

Like watching LOST and parsing through each episode then realizing the writers just made it up as they went along. I definitely think Q is entertainment for them. It's like an interactive entertainment experience within a community. They believe that most entertainment is made by the liberal elites (or "the Jews"). Sports "have become" political. There's not much entertainment that's geared toward them. Q makes up for that.

Facebook bans QAnon.
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/facebook-bans-qanon-across-its-platforms-n1242339

Facebook said the change is an update on the policy it created in August that initially only removed QAnon accounts that discussed violence, which resulted in the termination of 1,500 pages, groups and profiles.
A company spokesperson said the enforcement, which started Tuesday, will “bring to parity what we’ve been doing on other pieces of policy with regard to militarized social movements,” such as militia and terror groups that repeatedly call for violence.
“Starting today, we will remove Facebook Pages, Groups and Instagram accounts for representing QAnon. We’re starting to enforce this updated policy today and are removing content accordingly, but this work will take time and will continue in the coming days and weeks,” Facebook wrote in a press release. “Our Dangerous Organizations Operations team will continue to enforce this policy and proactively detect content for removal instead of relying on user reports.”

I went down 2 Q rabbit holes recently.

1) An attack is coming soon by the US army against insurgents within the US border. Maybe in DC?
2) After Michelle Obama released her endorsement of Biden, they got "Big Mike" trending. It's what you think it is.

Back