• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Report: Kavanaugh won’t commit to recusal from Trump/Mueller related matters

I’m guessing he didn’t read. False equivalency often means ignoring pesky facts and context.

This seems a closer parallel...and yet handled very differently.

I Believe Her

But if Ford’s story is true, Brett Kavanaugh never apologized. He never tried to make amends, never took responsibility for what he did. In my case, the near-rape—as awful as it was at the time and in its immediate aftermath—didn’t cause any lasting damage. But by Ford’s account, Kavanaugh’s acts did cause lasting damage, and he has done nothing at all to try to make that right. And that is why the mistake of a 17-year-old kid still matters. The least we should do is put this confirmation on hold until we can learn more about what happened. If it’s not true, Kavanaugh should be confirmed without a cloud of suspicion. If it is true, we’ll have to decide whether you get to attack a girl, show no remorse, and eventually become a Supreme Court justice. My own inclination is: No.

I don't normally venture onto this board, but in the on-going argument that there really is no difference between people from either party, left or right, Democrat or Republican...

After being denied once, Cory Booker groped a drunk female while in high school, and then admitted it in a newspaper article he wrote in college.

So basically the complete opposite. But, as you point out, it is a good comparison point. And for the record, I am a registered Republican in SC.

I guess the main difference between republicans and Democrats is that one group can see the difference between the two incidents.

Or maybe one group will actually read the article. It’s one of those two.

I’m starting to realize Republicans don’t understand the lack of acknowledgement and apology is part of the problem.

Kavanaugh could have come out and said something like “I don’t remember this particular incident but I did attend these types of parties and I did get drunk regularly. I do not doubt her story. If it was me, I ask for her forgiveness and I want her to know I’m not that type of guy and I have not been for a long time.” It would have largely neutralized the situation.

I read the Washington Times article. Better yet, I read the entire article that Booker wrote. The one where he says "Telling one's own personal story is often the most powerful way to make a point..." and "when i hesitated in writing this column, I realized I was basking in hypocrisy..." and "after having my hand pushed away once" (sounds like her saying no) and "she told me she was drunk that night and didn't really know what she was doing" and "i see that preceding all the horrors of rape are a host of skewed attitudes...i see myself at 15 trotting around the bases and stealing second."

What Booker is saying in this article, clearly, is that HE views what he did as sexual assault. For anyone else, including the shills on this board, to say it is different, when he has said it is the same, speaks more about you then it does about a 15 year old Cory Booker. He learned from his mistakes. You don't see a mistake.

And this is why sexual assault continues to be a problem in our society, because even those that claim to fighting against it can't call a spade a spade, even when the spade has called itself one. Its also why I, and I would imagine a lot of people, normally avoid this board, because those that regularly post here are blinded by party loyalty.

I read the Washington Times article. Better yet, I read the entire article that Booker wrote. The one where he says "Telling one's own personal story is often the most powerful way to make a point..." and "when i hesitated in writing this column, I realized I was basking in hypocrisy..." and "after having my hand pushed away once" (sounds like her saying no) and "she told me she was drunk that night and didn't really know what she was doing" and "i see that preceding all the horrors of rape are a host of skewed attitudes...i see myself at 15 trotting around the bases and stealing second."

What Booker is saying in this article, clearly, is that HE views what he did as sexual assault. For anyone else, including the shills on this board, to say it is different, when he has said it is the same, speaks more about you then it does about a 15 year old Cory Booker. He learned from his mistakes. You don't see a mistake.

And this is why sexual assault continues to be a problem in our society, because even those that claim to fighting against it can't call a spade a spade, even when the spade has called itself one. Its also why I, and I would imagine a lot of people, normally avoid this board, because those that regularly post here are blinded by party loyalty.

Nobody said it wasn’t sexual assault. So do you think Booker should resign and Kavanaugh should decline his nomination?

Garrett should sue for defamation if this is a coordinated attack. This thread is beyond absurd.

Note: Whelan is a big conservative activist.

Holy shit this is embarrassing.

It looks like he's deleted the tweets and posted an apology.

I think we have to be fair across the board. On both sides of the aisle, we have a ton of hypocrites. We have a slush fund that has paid millions of dollars to cover up sexual assault claims and almost assuredly, some of the very people that have used that fund to cover up their misdeeds are now admonishing Kavanaugh. Yes, if the evidence shows Kavanaugh did this, and right now the only evidence is the word of Dr. Ford, he should decline the nomination.

Conversely, Booker, who admits he committed sexual assault at just about the same age as did Kavanaugh, should also resign. As should anyone that has benefited from the Congressional fund. Either we have it the same for everyone, or we have it for none.

Do you think Booker should resign and Kavanaugh should decline his nomination?

I’m starting to realize Republicans don’t understand the lack of acknowledgement and apology is part of the problem.

Kavanaugh could have come out and said something like “I don’t remember this particular incident but I did attend these types of parties and I did get drunk regularly. I do not doubt her story. If it was me, I ask for her forgiveness and I want her to know I’m not that type of guy and I have not been for a long time.” It would have largely neutralized the situation.

Hahahahaha — that is patently fucking ridiculous.

Never ever under any circumstances apologize to the Left. The Godless sonsabitches have Zero forgiveness.

See Roseanne Barr

Who is disputing that?

Lectro is the loudest voice of the GOP on here. He really uses a lot of violent sexual language in his posts.

Because it best serves to get into the Democrat mindset — which is utterly vile and debased.

Fire with Fire Mofuggie

No it wouldn't have.

Back