• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

I have seen 4 roughing the passer penalties already and I just started watching at the beginning of the second quarter. Not yet halftime

They need to go with a 5-yard and 15-yard split on these calls, like they do for hitting the kicker. If it is incidental, like when JPP hit Roethlisburger in the head, there is no way that should be 15 yards and an automatic first down. Between the BS roughing the passer calls and the BS pass interference calls, a team can get the ball at the 25 and be in field goal range with two penalties without ever gaining a yard. The NFL has become too much a game of playing the officials instead of playing the opponent.

Why would they sit him for a season if they need to figure out whether to stick with him or give him another shot?

Because starter quality QBs don't grow on trees, even ones with 10 cent heads.

watching Big fucking Ben flop down like Neymar in the box because JPP touched his head made me sad

Vance MacDonald put Chris Conte in the IR.

This is one of the most humiliating things I've ever seen on a football field. My lord.

This has got to be up there.

Which Vikings team will show up in LA tomorrow? The one that was supposed to make another serious run at the Superbowl or the one that looked bad getting beaten (and beaten up) at home by the Bills?

McVay's offense has Jared Goff looking like he was deserving of being the number one overall pick. Brandin Cooks is playing like he is worth this years Ram's first pick (#23 overall). His two other wide receiver team mates, Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp are also off to great starts. Todd Gurley at RB is racking up the yards.

Sean McVay was Cousin's offensive coordinator in Washington. He should be able to pass on to his defensive guys the very specific things to do to make Kirk Cousins look ordinary or worse instead of great. The Bills did a pretty good job of that last Sunday as well.

Which Vikings team will show up in LA tomorrow? The one that was supposed to make another serious run at the Superbowl or the one that looked bad getting beaten (and beaten up) at home by the Bills?

McVay's offense has Jared Goff looking like he was deserving of being the number one overall pick. Brandin Cooks is playing like he is worth this years Ram's first pick (#23 overall). His two other wide receiver team mates, Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp are also off to great starts. Todd Gurley at RB is racking up the yards.

Sean McVay was Cousin's offensive coordinator in Washington. He should be able to pass on to his defensive guys the very specific things to do to make Kirk Cousins look ordinary or worse instead of great. The Bills did a pretty good job of that last Sunday as well.

Rams will also be without both starting CBs.

I’m looking forward to the game.

Rams have looked great, but haven’t played anyone.

Vikings haven’t looked all that impressive, but they should be a pretty good team based on last season and a healthy Cook.

I assume the Vikings D will make things tough on the Rams and it’ll be a relatively ugly game. Tough for me to take the road team on a Thursday night. You could maybe argue the quick turnaround is good for the Vikings in that they’re probably still feeling pissed off, but I just can’t make that pick.

Passing on wagering, but expecting the Rams to win a tight one... Unless Minny can force some TOs and steal one on the road.

The decision to shoehorn not one but two teams into an indifferent market like LA is made worse by the fact that the Rams are young, fun to watch, and really good.

Lol, this video.

Basically you can only tackle a QB at an angle. Cool.

Last edited:
That video is fucking hilarious.

It's a joke rule.

I would understand it if it were after the QB had released the ball, but if the QB is getting sacked I think it's really difficult to critique how the defensive player brings him to the ground. I can get on board with not taking out the QB's knees or not smacking him in the head, but this is too much.

Yeah, basically they're asking to only arm tackle the QB. Good luck getting Ben or Cam to the ground doing that.

Yeah, basically they're asking to only arm tackle the QB. Good luck getting Ben or Cam to the ground doing that.

LOL at Cam getting that call. Clay Matthews could go full Brett Kavanaugh on Cam and they wouldn’t throw a flag.

Maybe it should only come into play if the QB was outside the pocket? The Rodgers hit did seem unnecessary, maybe largely for that reason. Defender had to go out of his way more to hit him.

The only one that looks at all bad to me otherwise is the one on Goff, seems like the defender laid a little extra on there. The other two couldn't look more normal

LOL at Cam getting that call. Clay Matthews could go full Brett Kavanaugh on Cam and they wouldn’t throw a flag.
Holy triggered, Ph. That's not at all what I said. My point is oftentimes the only way to get QBs like Ben or Cam fully down is to throw most of your body weight on them.

Back