• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

Sure, Dallas needs a WR, but now they can't draft one next year. Are they mortgaging their future for a SB run? with Amari? What is Cooper's contract situation?

This has got to be Jerry Jones and not his son, Mark. I bet Mark left to take a leak and his dad made a phone call. "Dad, what did you do?"
His son's name is Stephen, and ugh...

Thanks for the correction. Cowboys got better when Jerry turned over GM duties to Stephen. But this? I mean, the Raiders gave Gruden $100M for 10 years, so they ain't the brightest group. Wow, to have this just land in your lap. smh.

Exclusive video of the trade negotiation:
"I have an idea. Why don't you give me your first round pick, and I'll give you Amari Cooper."
giphy.gif

What the hell was Shurmur thinking there? PAT gets you to a 7 point deficit, with over 4 mins left to play and all 3 time outs, and you go for 2?

How is a team with one of the best WRs and RB this unwatchable? I suppose when you ignore the on the goal line in favor of an Eli running play.

And the Giants cover in a game where they had absolutely no business doing so.

Gambling is tough.

With the prices of front row seats, I'm amazed this is allowed.

That's horrible. Didn't realize it was that bad. Booger should just be in the booth. Simple solution.

Apparently it’s the right decision to go for two down 14 as it gives you two chances at a two point conversion (and if you get the first one you win with just a PAT after the second).

I was more amused by the use of timeouts - which actually turned out to work since the giants got a stop before the long field goal - and the back to back QB sneaks with no timeouts and under a minute left. Just a bizarre end game.

Hard for Eli to run the im scared checkdown offense when the field is shorter than his normal checkdown.

I know the offensive line sucks but it's hard to defend some of Eli's decisions. He missed a wide open Odell in the flat on the 4th down they failed to convert and earlier failed to find Odell in the back of the end zone when he was, similarly, open. Commentators split on who to blame there - the booth said Odell didn't run directly to the spot and Booger pointed out that Eli still missed a wide open guy. I'm #teambooger there, you have to make that throw.

Yes, Eli's completion and QB rating are higher this year, but a lot of that has to do with the checkdown offense they run (partially due to the offensive line).

I don't know what the Giants are going to do though. Next year's QB class sucks and I don't personally think Herbert is going to be much of an answer. Tua is out in two years which would be a better situation. If you draft Herbert you aren't going to turn around and draft another QB, even if you're awful again next year are you?

TLDR Eli is done and looks bad, Giants don't have a lot of options moving forward at QB.

I enjoyed Booger's refusal to put up with any of the Blame Odell storyline last night (clearly he's seen the Twitter vid comparing OBJ and Brady's sideline histrionics) and his placement of the blame squarely where it belongs, on the brittle shoulders of washed #10

I enjoyed Booger's refusal to put up with any of the Blame Odell storyline last night (clearly he's seen the Twitter vid comparing OBJ and Brady's sideline histrionics) and his placement of the blame squarely where it belongs, on the brittle shoulders of washed #10

Yeah I agreed with most of Booger's comments on the situation - especially his refusal to acquiesce to the booth blaming Odell on the aforementioned incompletion in the back of the end zone

Didn’t watch the game, but I’ve seen enough of the Giants and OBJ to know most of his problems would be solved if they had a legit QB.

If you asked every QB in the league to pick a current RB and WR combo to play with, a lot of them would choose Barkley and OBJ. Can you afford to let Eli waste talent for another season and a half to take a shot at Tua? Every team without a QB will want him.

I thought Booger was harsh toward Giants and Eli. It was obvious to me that it was not a poorly thrown ball in the end zone that missed OBJ; it was a cross-up between QB and WR. We know that QB's have to throw the ball where the WR is supposed to be, and not necessarily where he is at the moment. Manning's body language showed frustration with OBJ, not himself. The coach spoke to OBJ when he hit the sideline. ("You know you ran the wrong route, right?") OBJ was supposed to be in the corner.

Second, he blamed the Giants for going for two, but no comment on the pass on that play that hit OBJ in the chest and dropped. Would it have been a tough catch? Yes. But he's OBJ. Can't criticize the call or the QB when the ball hits your man in the chest. Nothing from Booger on the drop. Just questioning the call. My "favorite" part was when he said "you gotta throw out analytics!" Uh, no. That's the whole point. The math says it pays to do things previously thought to be unconventional. Can't bellyache when you come down on the failure side of the equation sometimes.

I highly doubt Eli went rogue on calling those QB sneaks. Did he get the play from the sideline? No. But this situation was covered in practices. Those were weak ass sneaks though, so boo to the coaches for that (I don't see Eli being much better in practice, so WYSIWYG). Anyway, it was not fair or accurate to say Eli went rogue there. The better call (practice prep) would have been Barkley over the top.

Booger needs to call what he sees and stop letting twitter set an agenda for him....trying to win twitter battles from the "booth" or whatever that thing is.

2018 NFL Season Week 7 Falcons - Giants on Monday night.

I disagree with everything you posted except the two point conversion stuff. That pass from Eli was terrible.

Giants trading Eli (Apple) to the Saints.

I'd guess for a second or third round pick?

ETA: For a 4th round pick in the upcoming draft and 7th round pick in 2020.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see how much the two-point conversion thing catches on. I could see some college coaches start doing it this weekend, they tend to be less risk averse

I had not watched a Monday Night Football broadcast in quite some time.

Can't say much for the announcers. They seem contentious at times, and they sure as hell talk too much. That said, I'm not impressed with a lot of pro football announcers. I just came away thinking the whole broadcast sucked, and largely because of them.

Back