• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

Miami has been at best a mediocre organization, and I consider Stephen Ross 1 of the worst owners in the sport. Gase was the hot commodity a few years ago, so I'm interested to see what he can do with a team that hasn't had much talent the last few years but which now thinks they have their franchise QB and a ton of cap room for the FA market. And it's perhaps the worst division in the NFL, so it could be interesting.

I think the Browns could have done better. Kitchens did a great job in his 1st stint as OC, but when they could have had the team of Arians, Leftwich and Bowles come in (and maybe even keep Kitchens b/c no other team was interviewing him), that clearly would have been the better group hire. I mean Arians and Bowles took a past his prime Palmer led team to a SB.

Speaking of Zona, I don't see how that works out because Keim is still the GM, and they have the worst roster in the league. What is interesting is if they market Rosen and draft Murray.

Also interesting that there is little word out of Miami. One of the a.m. shows was speculating they're trying to trade for Harbaugh. I'm fine getting a 1st for Harbs, and he can take Morninweg with him. We haven't had a good OC since Kubiak. Bring back Pags as HC and let him find an OC who can design an offense for LJ8 and RG3 and let them audible themselves out of bad calls. And maybe Martindale would opt to stay so he could coach a defense that's way more talented than Miami's.

Hearing rumors that our old friend Zac Taylor is going to be named Bengals HC. Currently Rams QB coach

That’s great. Crazy that 15 years ago our roster had the Michigan OC and Bengals HC.

The fact that Keim has a job and Wilks doesn't is close to being a crime.

Keim did oversee their 2014-15 teams, which were pretty stacked. All that is on Wilks' HC resume is last season, and it was a disaster

Keim did oversee their 2014-15 teams, which were pretty stacked. All that is on Wilks' HC resume is last season, and it was a disaster

How many GMs would trade their 2018 roster for the one Keim put together in AZ?

Struggling to think who pulls off a road win this weekend. Given the Chiefs' penchant for blowing it in the playoffs, I suppose the Fighting Neckbeards have the best shot.

I know this isn't the gambling thread, but that seems pretty dead.

Thinking I'll take the Saints this weekend because it feels like they are begging you to take the Eagles and the points with this high spread.

No feel for the rest of the games... All are intriguing matchups. I guess I kind of like the Rams, but 7 feels like a big number. Especially for a guy that likes to play hated dogs.

I know this isn't the gambling thread, but that seems pretty dead.

Thinking I'll take the Saints this weekend because it feels like they are begging you to take the Eagles and the points with this high spread.

No feel for the rest of the games... All are intriguing matchups. I guess I kind of like the Rams, but 7 feels like a big number. Especially for a guy that likes to play hated dogs.
I like a little just in case parlay on cowboys/Eagles moneyline parlay that pays 12 to 1

speaking of the NFL and gambling, I know of an NFL suicide pool that was decided by the Chicago double-doink which eliminated 5 players and gave the win to the one person that picked San Diego to win

I'm liking all the road teams this week.

What if the two hot(test) teams from each conference go to the Super Bowl - Cowboys and Colts. The whole year spent thinking its Rams/Saints vs Chielf/Pats, and two teams with losing records at season's midpoint end up in the SB.

I'd take all 4 dogs. Think LAC and Indy might win outright and wouldn't be surprised if Dallas pulls an upset. Goff isn't playing as well, Gurley is banged up, and their rush D is going up against a healthy Cowboys OL and Zeke. There are a lot of folks jumping on the Eagles bandwagon, but they were outplayed and got lucky last weekend. I don't think their secondary stands up in the dome. At the same time, 8-9 points is a lot to give to a hot team in what I think should be a fairly close game.

Edited to add that the Ravens have demoted (maybe effectively fired) Morninweg and have promoted Greg Roman from run game coordinator to OC. One of the biggest frustrations we Ravens fans have had has been Harbs' loyalty to underperforming coordinators like Cameron, Pees and Morninweg. The announcers in Sunday's game were saying that we weren't adjusting to what LAC were doing or to what Gregg Williams started doing in the 4th quarter the week before, and for whatever reason, it didn't appear that LJ8 was audibling at all. Needless to say, Ravens fans are universally happy that Morninweg is gone, and are optimistic that Roman will design an offense that takes advantage of what LJ8 and RG3 do best. This probably also means Harbs is staying in Balmur and is no longer trade bait.

Last edited:
While coaching carousel continues to spin, eight teams are still playing football this weekend starting today. The top 4 division winners join the survivors of Wildcard weekend. Are they now the best 8 teams?

Taking (in order of preference):

Saints -8
Rams -7
Patriots -4

Staying away from Colts/Chiefs.

Life's too short to take the under.... In the Colts/Chiefs game

I feel great with a Rams/Saints 6 pt teaser.
McVay took his loss last season. They will be so fired up & have a healthy Gurley who hasn’t had to carry a football in almost a month. Brees has had 3 weeks to relax & they are dominant at home. Eagles trying to revenge a 48-7 loss at the dome earlier this season. They will play hard, but will not be able to keep up.
Also think Bill & Brady roll tomorrow 34-17

Back