• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

meh

I still think the Raiders win it in the long run

I don’t trust a guy who is willing to trade the best defensive player in the league to use those draft picks wisely.

I don’t trust a guy who is willing to trade the best defensive player in the league to use those draft picks wisely.

Yeah, the Bucs went to hell when Gruden was able to run Rich McKay out and grab more of the personnel decision power. He's a good coach and terrible player personnel guy. If he's allowed to do both, then you're probably going to have a mediocre team.

Football is the one sport where elite players have very few peak years. They were never going to win anything in the next two or three years so I am not sure why they would keep him and waste the asset.

2018 NFL season thread. We start with Eagles over Falcons. Now for the rest of Week 1

Football is the one sport where elite players have very few peak years. They were never going to win anything in the next two or three years so I am not sure why they would keep him and waste the asset.

My main issue is that they didn’t get a whole lot of return. They’re actually sending Chicago a second round pick next year, which could end up pretty high if Oakland sucks (they will). If the Bears are for real then they basically acquired Mack to move down a few picks.

ETA: got my picks mixed up.

Chicago got Mack, a 20 second, and a 20 fifth

Oakland got a 19 first, 20 first, 20 third, and 19 sixth

Last edited:
My main issue is that they didn’t get a whole lot of return. They’re actually sending Chicago a second round pick next year, which could end up pretty high if Oakland sucks (they will). If the Bears are for real then they basically acquired Mack to move down a few picks.

ETA: got my picks mixed up.

Chicago got Mack, a 20 second, and a 20 fifth

Oakland got a 19 first, 20 first, 20 third, and 19 sixth

That's still a 1st, a drop down into the 2nd, dropping down from 3rd to 5th, and a 6th. That's not much at all.

LOL at y'all talking shit about Aaron Rodgers.

Put Rodgers in the AFC and he'd have Brady's SB runs

well yeah, i'm rooting for it knowing full well there's like a 0.1% chance of it happening

Nevermind. That one was better. LOL. Between Peterman and Kizer, how is Kap unemployed again?

If you’re gonna go with a backup QB who can lead you to 1-10 like Kaepernick, Peterman, and Kizer, you choose the one who is at least not going to be a huge distraction

Feels like the Bears are determined to leave just enough time on the clock for a Rodgers/GB TD, but not enough for them to answer it afterwards.

Feels like the Bears are determined to leave just enough time on the clock for a Rodgers/GB TD, but not enough for them to answer it afterwards.

Or GB’s defense could just be gassed and it doesn’t matter.

GB sucks at pursuing. They had Howard dead to rights and let him pick up ten.

Back