• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

Odd there was all the consternation in the preseason about the helmet rule, but that hasn't been an issue at all. Meanwhile there was hardly any indication this was coming, is probably a worse rule and has had a huge impact

is the penalty that he pulls up on the back leg to make sure he can't continue standing? BULLSHIRT

Seems like no one's taking responsibility for a shitty rule. The refs are just being like that's how it's written so we have to enforce it that way

is the penalty that he pulls up on the back leg to make sure he can't continue standing? BULLSHIRT

yes

the rule, I guess, is designed to prevent this (but Matthews' sack is not even in the vicinity of this):

Pretty clearly was a response to Rodgers' season-ender last year.

But big diff between that hit and the ones from Vikes-Pack on Sunday

I am admittedly biased here as a Packers fan, but this one is making me angrier than the Fail Mary. At least that involved replacement refs. Corrente saying it would have been an illegal hit before this season because Matthews grabbed Cousins by the legs, lifted him up, and slammed him to the ground (yea, no way in hell that happened), and was not a violation of the new Rodgers rule around landing with full body weight (which also would have been terrible). And then the slap in the face from this idiot Riveron not only saying it was the right call, but then sending it to teams as an instructional video on illegal hits is too much.

I am admittedly biased here as a Packers fan, but this one is making me angrier than the Fail Mary. At least that involved replacement refs. Corrente saying it would have been an illegal hit before this season because Matthews grabbed Cousins by the legs, lifted him up, and slammed him to the ground (yea, no way in hell that happened), and was not a violation of the new Rodgers rule around landing with full body weight (which also would have been terrible). And then the slap in the face from this idiot Riveron not only saying it was the right call, but then sending it to teams as an instructional video on illegal hits is too much.

Shouldn't be angrier....a tie is better than losing!

But yes I think the general NFL community all agrees Matthews and the Packers got boned on that no matter how the league tries to justify it

Not much reason to watch after the 1:00 games.

Whose idea at CBS was it to send their #1 announcing team to Buffalo at Minnesota??? That one will be over by the 2nd quarter.

When I first saw Jets/Browns as the Thursday night game, I cringed... But that's actually an interesting matchup. A good gauge for both teams... Have either of them improved to mediocre this season? Or just smoke & mirrors so far?

I was looking at lines this morning and saw Dallas/Seattle... Yikes. That is the game on the schedule I'd like to watch least... By a mile. Nothing compelling in that matchup, at all.

Whose idea at CBS was it to send their #1 announcing team to Buffalo at Minnesota??? That one will be over by the 2nd quarter.

Vikings -17... That is a huge spread for the NFL. Gonna be tough for me to take the Bills moneyline, but you have to stay consistent with these things.

Seems like Rams / Chargers in the battle of LA is clearly the best game on the schedule. Weird decision.

Back