Page 20 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070120 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

Odd there was all the consternation in the preseason about the helmet rule, but that hasn't been an issue at all. Meanwhile there was hardly any indication this was coming, is probably a worse rule and has had a huge impact

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy2016 View Post
    NFL to use Matthews penalty in teaching video (of a CORRECT call)

"The NFL will include Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews' controversial roughing the passer penalty on a teaching video it distributes to clubs this week to emphasize the "scoop-and-pull" tactic Matthews used when he hit Kirk Cousins is, in fact, a foul, NFL.com has learned."

I...don't see it, at all

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Video won't play.
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Video won't play.
    Press play, then Alt+F4.

NEW MODERAT0R
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeTheNation View Post
    Press play, then Alt+F4.
    Thanks !

is the penalty that he pulls up on the back leg to make sure he can't continue standing? BULLSHIRT

Seems like no one's taking responsibility for a shitty rule. The refs are just being like that's how it's written so we have to enforce it that way

Quote Originally Posted by Ayo View Post
    I swear to god, it's like the league is trying to annoy its consumers as much as it can. Holy hell.
    But they keep getting those eye-balls.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacDiggler View Post
    is the penalty that he pulls up on the back leg to make sure he can't continue standing? BULLSHIRT
    yes

the rule, I guess, is designed to prevent this (but Matthews' sack is not even in the vicinity of this):

Pretty clearly was a response to Rodgers' season-ender last year.

But big diff between that hit and the ones from Vikes-Pack on Sunday

Robert O'Kelley

I am admittedly biased here as a Packers fan, but this one is making me angrier than the Fail Mary. At least that involved replacement refs. Corrente saying it would have been an illegal hit before this season because Matthews grabbed Cousins by the legs, lifted him up, and slammed him to the ground (yea, no way in hell that happened), and was not a violation of the new Rodgers rule around landing with full body weight (which also would have been terrible). And then the slap in the face from this idiot Riveron not only saying it was the right call, but then sending it to teams as an instructional video on illegal hits is too much.

NFL somehow gets lamer: Maroon 5 to do Super Bowl halftime show

Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    I am admittedly biased here as a Packers fan, but this one is making me angrier than the Fail Mary. At least that involved replacement refs. Corrente saying it would have been an illegal hit before this season because Matthews grabbed Cousins by the legs, lifted him up, and slammed him to the ground (yea, no way in hell that happened), and was not a violation of the new Rodgers rule around landing with full body weight (which also would have been terrible). And then the slap in the face from this idiot Riveron not only saying it was the right call, but then sending it to teams as an instructional video on illegal hits is too much.
    Shouldn't be angrier....a tie is better than losing!

But yes I think the general NFL community all agrees Matthews and the Packers got boned on that no matter how the league tries to justify it

Punishingly Intricate
    Week 3 coverage maps: http://506sports.com/

Dallas at Seattle as the national late game? woof.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Not much reason to watch after the 1:00 games.

Whose idea at CBS was it to send their #1 announcing team to Buffalo at Minnesota??? That one will be over by the 2nd quarter.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    When I first saw Jets/Browns as the Thursday night game, I cringed... But that's actually an interesting matchup. A good gauge for both teams... Have either of them improved to mediocre this season? Or just smoke & mirrors so far?

I was looking at lines this morning and saw Dallas/Seattle... Yikes. That is the game on the schedule I'd like to watch least... By a mile. Nothing compelling in that matchup, at all.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Quote Originally Posted by uncaboref View Post
    Whose idea at CBS was it to send their #1 announcing team to Buffalo at Minnesota??? That one will be over by the 2nd quarter.
    Vikings -17... That is a huge spread for the NFL. Gonna be tough for me to take the Bills moneyline, but you have to stay consistent with these things.

Quote Originally Posted by uncaboref View Post
    Seems like Rams / Chargers in the battle of LA is clearly the best game on the schedule. Weird decision.