Page 6 of 132 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NFL Season: Superbowl winner: Patriots! March13 End of NFL year.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy2016 View Post
    I mean, for purposes of this exercise, I think the question is: which NFL quarterbacks have been demonstrably better than the shit salads trotted out by the Bills/Jets/Dolphins over the past 18 years?

and Denver's aggregated qbs pass the test, as do KC's
    I agree Denver's aggregated QBs definitely make it. I just wrote Manning.

And I agree Alex Smith probably deserves a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    I fell asleep at halftime. Didn't see that in the 1st half, but will take your word for it.

I like Matt Ryan a lot, so maybe I am just a bit blind to his decline. Big time name dropping / jock sniffing here, but I run into Matt quite a bit, as he lives close by. Have played golf with him a couple of times, as well. Great guy.

As an aside, why did they go away from Freeman? He looked great on the first drive... Very quick/elusive. Then just 6 carries for the game? I saw he hurt his knee near the end, but you've got to get that guy the ball more. Tevin Coleman looked slow... Much slower than I remember.

The Falcons offense is broken.
    I hate guys that name drop. You'll never catch me doing it I can tell you that

Quote Originally Posted by guitardeac View Post

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Quote Originally Posted by guitardeac View Post
    Ha!

Honestly, I almost called it "pulling a guitardeac", but thought better of it.

I mean the only team with worse QB play over the last 20 years other than the three AFC East teams has to be the Browns. The Bucs have also had sneaky bad QBs for their entire existence. Honorable mentions: Jags, Washington.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Good post. Makes me feel good that the Panthers have had two legit QBs in the same time the Jags have had none.

Pulling a jaybone and posting from my memory but I feel like Mark Brunell had 2-3 solid years with the Jags. Kind of a homeless manís Steve Young.

Yeah, I liked Brunell and I agree with the comparison. Steve Young is one of my all-time favorite QBs. But that's not long enough for Ayo's standard.

Started 7 years and made 3 pro bowls. I say HEíS IN. Donít @ me ayo.

I wasnít sure if Brunell really overlapped. He was a bit before my time so I figured his prime predated Brady by a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by JManslow View Post
    I mean the only team with worse QB play over the last 20 years other than the three AFC East teams has to be the Browns. The Bucs have also had sneaky bad QBs for their entire existence. Honorable mentions: Jags, Washington.
    What about the Bears? Cutler was there a while but he stunk the whole time. They got like 1 or 2 semi-decent years from Orton and Sexy Rexy, but their QB play has generally been awful.

Quote Originally Posted by JManslow View Post
    I wasnít sure if Brunell really overlapped. He was a bit before my time so I figured his prime predated Brady by a few years.
    OOOOOOOOPPPPPPSSSS forgot about the time requirements. Yeah his best years were pre-Brady.

Yeah, Brunell's best years were before Brady, so that's why I wouldn't include him. He'd for sure be on if his years aligned more.

The Browns def beat everyone in this discussion. I'd have to think more about it but shooting from the hip, I'd go something like:

Browns
    Jags
    Jets
    Bucs
    Bills
    Bears
    Skins

I think...

Donít forget the Dolphins.

NEW MODERAT0R
    Delhomme > McNabb

Whoops, forgot Miami. They belong like 4th or 5th on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Delhomme > McNabb
    Mobile rep. Forgot all about that.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Over/under on number of picks Nathan Peterman throws today? 2.5 - over or under?

Under. They will stop throwing it if he gets to 2.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Is there no RedZone pregame show this year? Or did Comcast screw up my order last week?