Page 9 of 132 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959109 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NFL Season: Superbowl winner: Patriots! March13 End of NFL year.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Delanie Walker's injury...

Quote Originally Posted by Ayo View Post
    meh

I still think the Raiders win it in the long run
    I don’t trust a guy who is willing to trade the best defensive player in the league to use those draft picks wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    Nevermind. That one was better. LOL. Between Peterman and Kizer, how is Kap unemployed again?
    No collusion!

God, I am rooting for a Rodgers sharp decline so damn hard. Would be amazing.
    why?

Quote Originally Posted by JManslow View Post
    I don’t trust a guy who is willing to trade the best defensive player in the league to use those draft picks wisely.
    Yeah, the Bucs went to hell when Gruden was able to run Rich McKay out and grab more of the personnel decision power. He's a good coach and terrible player personnel guy. If he's allowed to do both, then you're probably going to have a mediocre team.

Football is the one sport where elite players have very few peak years. They were never going to win anything in the next two or three years so I am not sure why they would keep him and waste the asset.

2018 NFL season thread. We start with Eagles over Falcons. Now for the rest of Week 1

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Football is the one sport where elite players have very few peak years. They were never going to win anything in the next two or three years so I am not sure why they would keep him and waste the asset.
    My main issue is that they didn’t get a whole lot of return. They’re actually sending Chicago a second round pick next year, which could end up pretty high if Oakland sucks (they will). If the Bears are for real then they basically acquired Mack to move down a few picks.

ETA: got my picks mixed up.

Chicago got Mack, a 20 second, and a 20 fifth

Oakland got a 19 first, 20 first, 20 third, and 19 sixth
    Last edited by JManslow; 09-09-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Da- Bears

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    why?
    Because I'm a miserable bastard and it would be a good storyline. And also because I'm obviously a Brady honk.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by JManslow View Post
    My main issue is that they didn’t get a whole lot of return. They’re actually sending Chicago a second round pick next year, which could end up pretty high if Oakland sucks (they will). If the Bears are for real then they basically acquired Mack to move down a few picks.

ETA: got my picks mixed up.

Chicago got Mack, a 20 second, and a 20 fifth

Oakland got a 19 first, 20 first, 20 third, and 19 sixth
    That's still a 1st, a drop down into the 2nd, dropping down from 3rd to 5th, and a 6th. That's not much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    Da- Bears
    Still aren't that good and still have no faith in Trubisky. This is kind of a fluky game.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    That's still a 1st, a drop down into the 2nd, dropping down from 3rd to 5th, and a 6th. That's not much at all.
    Exactly, for a franchise altering talent.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    LOL at y'all talking shit about Aaron Rodgers.

Put Rodgers in the AFC and he'd have Brady's SB runs

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    God, I am rooting for a Rodgers sharp decline so damn hard. Would be amazing.
    This post went from prescient to terrible very quickly.

well yeah, i'm rooting for it knowing full well there's like a 0.1% chance of it happening

Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    Nevermind. That one was better. LOL. Between Peterman and Kizer, how is Kap unemployed again?
    If you’re gonna go with a backup QB who can lead you to 1-10 like Kaepernick, Peterman, and Kizer, you choose the one who is at least not going to be a huge distraction

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Feels like the Bears are determined to leave just enough time on the clock for a Rodgers/GB TD, but not enough for them to answer it afterwards.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    Feels like the Bears are determined to leave just enough time on the clock for a Rodgers/GB TD, but not enough for them to answer it afterwards.
    Or GB’s defense could just be gassed and it doesn’t matter.

GB sucks at pursuing. They had Howard dead to rights and let him pick up ten.