• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

When I first saw Jets/Browns as the Thursday night game, I cringed... But that's actually an interesting matchup. A good gauge for both teams... Have either of them improved to mediocre this season? Or just smoke & mirrors so far?

I was looking at lines this morning and saw Dallas/Seattle... Yikes. That is the game on the schedule I'd like to watch least... By a mile. Nothing compelling in that matchup, at all.

the league is really marketing hard that the Thursday games don't suck this year, and there is sort of intrigue now about Browns/Jets. but both teams were absolute jokes when this was scheduled so doesn't really jive with the marketing.

the league is really marketing hard that the Thursday games don't suck this year, and there is sort of intrigue now about Browns/Jets. but both teams were absolute jokes when this was scheduled so doesn't really jive with the marketing.

It's on NFL Net, the whole "we're Fox look at our amazing sched!" thing starts next week

I'm actually looking forward to watching the Thu game because both teams are competitive this year.

This was scheduled to possibly be a matchup between the first two QBs taken in the draft. If Mayfield plays, they'll get the top 4 picks on SNF by Week 3.

Didn't see Rams-Chargers. I'll be watching that in the afternoon.

Seems like Rams / Chargers in the battle of LA is clearly the best game on the schedule. Weird decision.

Rarely will you see a #1 announcing team go to a 4:05pm game when the opposite network has the DH that week.....very few CBS stations are going to get that game just due to NFL distribution rules.

I am admittedly biased here as a Packers fan, but this one is making me angrier than the Fail Mary. At least that involved replacement refs. Corrente saying it would have been an illegal hit before this season because Matthews grabbed Cousins by the legs, lifted him up, and slammed him to the ground (yea, no way in hell that happened), and was not a violation of the new Rodgers rule around landing with full body weight (which also would have been terrible). And then the slap in the face from this idiot Riveron not only saying it was the right call, but then sending it to teams as an instructional video on illegal hits is too much.

The instructional video is online.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixd-m0FucKU

And the instructional video on the proper way to sack the QB:

Browns and Jets are def more interesting to the neutral viewer than the Giants.

Doubtful. Tyrod Taylor and Sam Darnold or ODB and Saquan? Baker Mayfield ain't getting on that field.

Donk Eli throwing 3-yard passes to Saquon. Oh the fun. Giants are boring as hell. Jets are more interesting to me because of the young QB and the newness of things. Basically the whole country roots for the Browns just because they're the Browns and always find ways to mess it up, but I think that's gonna change soon. They're gonna start getting some wins. Browns are more interesting than half the teams in the league.

Are the Browns still an expansion team? They at least still.play like one. Darnold is still learning and could use some more players around him. Could the new OT rules lead to yet another tie this week?

I find both NY teams fascinating in a slow motion train wreck kind of way. A slow motion race to see who will wreck first. It is pretty cool to have draft day decisions be validated or ridiculed each week. Looking like the Jets got the upper hand here but we will see.

Are the Browns still an expansion team? They at least still.play like one. Darnold is still learning and could use some more players around him. Could the new OT rules lead to yet another tie this week?

No. No. Yes. Unlikely, but maybe.

2018 NFL season thread. Week 3: Jets at Browns Thursday night

Yeah. It’s like a Browns vs. Jets game is happening. Vikings-Rams should make up for it next week.

By the way, it didn’t take long for them to hype up Ward as the #4 pick or to call for Mayfield to come into the game.

Last edited:
Back