• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

ph - what are you talking about?

i'd rather have thomas or tate over cooper

I know you don't give a shit, but Cooper's 5th-year option is at $14 million, which would make him the #12 highest paid receiver in the NFL, based on 2018 contracts, just behind Julio Jones. I'm pretty certain Cooper's ceiling for 2019 is something below Top 12 receiver in the NFL (based on his 22 catches thus far in 2018) but I'm even more certain the Cowboys have other places they could spend $14 million, and now they won't have a first round draft pick to fill one of those holes with a capable rookie on a rookie contract.

And that's just for next year. If the Cowboys don't resign him, he's just gone after a season and a half (maybe they'll get a comp pick, but probably not since it's the Cowboys we're talking about here). cooper has the same agent as Khalil Mack, so they've already set themselves up for a fiasco net summer. Oh, and since they might not have anyone better by then, maybe they could franchise tag him for about $16 million for one year.

This is just a terrible, short-sighted deal.

The only upside is they might make the playoffs in a weak NFC East this year. But anybody who has seen the Cowboys this year (currently 3-4) knows they're not Super Bowl team.

ph - what are you talking about?

i'd rather have thomas or tate over cooper

Depends which Cooper you're getting. The guy had 2 1K seasons right out of the gate, and now he isn't doing anything but is apparently healthy. It's conceivable he could completely suck, get back on his 1K/yr pace or anything in between. Tate is the surest thing of the 3, but is on the back end of his career (and Detroit has Golladay and Jones). Thomas hasn't produced anything since he played with Manning.

Depends which Cooper you're getting. The guy had 2 1K seasons right out of the gate, and now he isn't doing anything but is apparently healthy. It's conceivable he could completely suck, get back on his 1K/yr pace or anything in between. Tate is the surest thing of the 3, but is on the back end of his career (and Detroit has Golladay and Jones). Thomas hasn't produced anything since he played with Manning.

That's the point, you're giving up a first round draft pick for an uncertain commodity who is about to make at least three times what his trending production is worth if you pick up the option. If you don't pick up the option, you gave up a first round draft pick for a fucking WR half a season.

are we gonna let the MNF game go by without talking about what the Bills fans threw onto the field?

Eagles trade a third round pick to Detroit for Golden Tate. He may be the field stretching guy the Eagles need.

Week 9 opens with the "Battle of San Francisco Bay" featuring two teams in search of win number 2 halfway through the season. Which bad team will be less bad tonight? Which team wants that overall #1 pick more?

saw on Twitter this is the worst combined winning percentage for 2 teams in a primetime game Week 8 or beyond ever. great job, NFL.

saw on Twitter this is the worst combined winning percentage for 2 teams in a primetime game Week 8 or beyond ever. great job, NFL.

To be fair both teams had higher hopes coming into the season.
-Garoppolo was supposed to be the second coming to compliment Shannahan's offensive guru status and he blew out his knee on one of the most routine scrambles I've ever seen.
-I thought they had decent weapons for him to utilize in Kittle, Garcon, Goodwin, and a healthy Pettis.
-They added Richard Sherman to their defense which didn't excite me but I thought he may become a leader for their defense mentally more than performance wise.

-On the other side Gruden came in swinging his big dick and throwing his MNF patented gritty old school sayings around and giving everyone in the media and Oakland a hardon.
-Derek Carr was one unfortunately timed injury away from making a Super Bowl run a couple of years ago and nobody expected him and the offense in general to regress this much under Gruden.
-I don't think anyone knew how much Mack meant to their defense especially not Gruden, but we found out pretty quick.

Looking at this game before the season started I would have probably gotten excited for an offensive shootout between two teams in close proximity to each other making for a good crowd. I still expect this game to be a sellout with a fun atmosphere despite the obvious garbage that will be taking the field. I'll take CJ Beathard and the Niners tonight.

ETA: Just saw that Beathard is a game time decision with a wrist injury and Nick Mullens (Southern Miss) will be getting the start if CJ can't go. Woof.

Last edited:
45103419_2196807277032615_5739188515007102976_n.jpg

Sunday has to produce better games than the Thursday game. No early game this week. NFL in London is over for this year.

Last edited:
“His release takes $8.25 million off the books with no dead money. He had 18 sacks and 11 forced fumbles over 2.5 seasons with the Raiders.”

Seems like a smart move.

Back